Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tomorrow is my PTSD C& P NERVOUS!

Rate this question

pumibel

Question

Hi everyone! I have not been in here for a while since I have started some classes. I bet I have some catching up to do! Last week I received a phone call from VES to schedule all of my exams ASAP, so tomorrow is my PTSD exam. I have been stressing about it for the past few days, but I know that cannot help. Next week I have to see the dentist on the 25th, a regular general medical doctor on the 27th, and on the 29th I have a bunch of X-rays and an echo-cardiogram scheduled. 

The VA had sent me a letter, dated for the 24th of December 2015, stating that they could not settle my case under the FDC program because they needed to know where all of my aches and pains were located. I was not surprised that they were going to remove my claim from the FDC, but the reasoning was suspect. I had provided all of the pain locations on my claim, and when I go to eBennies and look at my pending claim, I can see all of the places listed. Today I received another VA letter stating that the Dec letter was an error, and that all of my appointments would be scheduled very soon, so my claim would stay in the FDC program after all. yay!

I still do not know where my STRs are! The agencies from which I have requested my records (except for my local VA records) have all sent me letters stating that they do not have them. Argh!

I hope everyone here has had a pleasant holiday season and a good start for the new year!

EDIT: I was going to ask a few questions, and I totally forgot! Here are my most pressing ones:

Should I bring notes with me?

What do they do during the PTSD C&P? I have only answered some survey questions in the past and didn't discuss the actual event. I am very anxious about that!

Edited by pumibel
Forgot to ask my questions!

I forgot to add, when I received my rating I got a combined 80%, 60% for lupus(which I am appealing), 50% for MDD/Memory Loss.

Thanks Flores! I believe he quoted 50 for the migraines. Same for the back/neck pain. Honestly, he was dictating as his trainee was making entries, so I may have confused some of those numbers. I feel strong about the migraines however.

Thanks again! I know that I have sved some links somewhere that explains a lot of this, so I m going to look for it. I appreciate you looking up the migraines for me!

Pumibel, it was no problem at all, and that is great that the doc thinks migraines will be rated at 50%!! He is far more knowledgeable than I. Just to demonstrate how completely unemployable I now am, I literally kept coming back to the bottom of page 2 to wait for posts, and just realized there is now a third page. After four hours. Annnnd on that note, Pumibel, please let us know how your next exam goes and Good Luck and keep us posted!! I think your going to receive great ratings!

Honestly, a lot will depend on the rater, more so than the Doc, excluding SC.  I was lowballed across the board.  I get two different sets of injections every 3 months.  Otherwise, I would be laid out by the migraines at least 50% of the time; they rated me at 30%.  I have plates in my neck, 3 level fusion, spinal issues galore (stenosis, radiculopathy (2ndary connection), spinal arthritis, reverse lordosis and a few others I can't remember now); they gave me 20% for my back and 0% for radiculopathy.  They also gave me many other 0%'s that should be rated and did not rate a few items at all, such as IBS.  I hope your rater is better than mine was.

Edited by TALON II FE

Talon, that is absolutely ridiculous, and of course, completely typical of VA. I hope there are appeals in for the lowballed ratings. I believe alot of issues (consistent lowballing) also have alot to do with which RO your claim is at. Winston Salem is one of the better ROs from my experience. Talon, at your c&p exams, did the examiner(or examiners) give you any indication of how strongly they were supporting your claims?  Of course, if the examiner opines against the veteran the rater jumps on the opinion like its the last big screen at a black friday sale.