Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tomorrow is my PTSD C& P NERVOUS!

Rate this question

pumibel

Question

Hi everyone! I have not been in here for a while since I have started some classes. I bet I have some catching up to do! Last week I received a phone call from VES to schedule all of my exams ASAP, so tomorrow is my PTSD exam. I have been stressing about it for the past few days, but I know that cannot help. Next week I have to see the dentist on the 25th, a regular general medical doctor on the 27th, and on the 29th I have a bunch of X-rays and an echo-cardiogram scheduled. 

The VA had sent me a letter, dated for the 24th of December 2015, stating that they could not settle my case under the FDC program because they needed to know where all of my aches and pains were located. I was not surprised that they were going to remove my claim from the FDC, but the reasoning was suspect. I had provided all of the pain locations on my claim, and when I go to eBennies and look at my pending claim, I can see all of the places listed. Today I received another VA letter stating that the Dec letter was an error, and that all of my appointments would be scheduled very soon, so my claim would stay in the FDC program after all. yay!

I still do not know where my STRs are! The agencies from which I have requested my records (except for my local VA records) have all sent me letters stating that they do not have them. Argh!

I hope everyone here has had a pleasant holiday season and a good start for the new year!

EDIT: I was going to ask a few questions, and I totally forgot! Here are my most pressing ones:

Should I bring notes with me?

What do they do during the PTSD C&P? I have only answered some survey questions in the past and didn't discuss the actual event. I am very anxious about that!

Edited by pumibel
Forgot to ask my questions!

I'm a big believer in karma and that simply living tends to humble us all as we go through the years.  Many doctors have that "I know more than you, so I know better than you" mentality.  It seems to me that many of the VA's docs would have done better (for themselves and us) to have gone into research or teaching rather than medical practice.

And that's all I have to say about that....

I agree with you both.  I am sorry, I think I am always hijacking threads, there is a little more to this story, I did not let it rest there.  If your not interested, this is the time to move on, lol.

A few years ago, I would have confronted him; but, with my PTSD "getting loose", I am explosive and there is a very solid chance of violence in those situations, so I simply left.  It was not my Doctor but I am pretty sure it related specifically to me and he did not realize my Doctor had left the door open.  It was when they first started putting Botox into the mix with the nerve blocks to try and control my migraines.  About 5 minutes before the incident, my Doc left the room to "consult" on the possibility of adding Botox to my treatment.  3 minutes later he popped back in to say he was ordering my injections and left the door to the hall cracked.  The 'other' Doctor, in a dark office across the hall with only a desk lamp on, was running his mouth to another employee, as I said above.  It was not just a comment, it was a monologue.  A very, very spiteful monologue.  So I took care of it 'unofficially', lets say.

I am no one special, no more special then anyone else, but I did serve in SOF, my PTSD 'battle buddy' was an ex-enlisted Ranger, now medical admin Officer still on AD.  It helped that he was familiar with my mission, since most are not.  He has a very unique story that is extremely inspirational, but that is his story, not mine. His story is relevant in that it is what put him in a position as Aide to the General in charge of the hospital.  I called him, explained what happened and he took it from there; no more issues at Neuro, though it is still uncomfortable to go there. I would have to say they seem more uncomfortable than I do.  My job isn't on the line.

Talon, that was a very smart move. I doubt anyone else will so much as pass wind while your in the office, but i hope that Ahole Neurologist got transferred to Siberia.  You did the right thing. I don't know what I would have done in that situation, but it would have involved breaking down in front of the whole clinic and/or kicking the doc in question in his jollies. 

Well, with my PTSD comes a lot of guilt, nothing that is logical, but it is there.  While awaiting the VA I starved 20 lbs off of my body bc I did not want to take any resources away from my family, so I refused to eat much of the time.  Dark, scary places I don't really want to revisit, but it is how I am wired; I sacrifice or feel guilt sometimes.  I am more likely to throw a punch for someone else then I am for myself.  IF I had still been AD and they were talking about a vet or retiree that way in my hearing, heads would have rolled!

I am afraid of myself and what I may do if I let that rage get ahold of me, I can barely contain it sometimes as it is. There is no middle ground for me now.  I thought that when I received a rating, that would ease some of this.  That maybe it was the VA situation and my inability to do anything about it that was magnifying things and making them worse.  Unfortunately, nothing got better for me with a rating.  Yes, I could pay my bills now, but I had to declare bankruptcy 3 months before they paid out, so...?  No magic switch making things better.  I overworked for years on AD to bury all of it.  Couldn't work and it dug itself out, put simply.

• HadIt.com Elder

pumibel &Navy4life

You guys may want to read over your  C&P packett  you got in the mail    if QTC &VES are about the samy type contractors

mine letter says on the ''Notification of Appointment''

at the bottom

What is the next step in my claims process following the exam?

It  says:

Following the QTC Exam all completed reports  will be delivered to the VA as the official custodian of your medical records.

However,copies of all diagnostic test results will also be mailed  to you (following your appointment(s)

or to Inquiry about your claims process  or to obtain a ''copy of your examinations reports  you can call 

1-800-827-1000

Actually I just now read that.  eh!

..........Buck

3 hours ago, TALON II FE said:

itselfWell, with my PTSD comes a lot of guilt, nothing that is logical, but it is there.  While awaiting the VA I starved 20 lbs off of my body bc I did not want to take any resources away from my family, so I refused to eat much of the time.  Dark, scary places I don't really want to revisit, but it is how I am wired; I sacrifice or feel guilt sometimes.  I am more likely to throw a punch for someone else then I am for myself.  IF I had still been AD and they were talking about a vet or retiree that way in my hearing, heads would have rolled!

I am afraid of myself and what I may do if I let that rage get ahold of me, I can barely contain it sometimes as it is. There is no middle ground for me now.  I thought that when I received a rating, that would ease some of this.  That maybe it was the VA situation and my inability to do anything about it that was magnifying things and making them worse.  Unfortunately, nothing got better for me with a rating.  Yes, I could pay my bills now, but I had to declare bankruptcy 3 months before they paid out, so...?  No magic switch making things better.  I overworked for years on AD to bury all of it.  Couldn't work and it dug itself out, put simply.

Talon, i admire your self control after all you have been through. Would that i had that much control. I am one of the lucky ones. Though i had to wait six years, my rating came two weeks after being fired from my eight year job due to my sc disabilities. I am sorry you had to endure what you did, and i hope you have much better timeframes with any future claims.