Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tomorrow is my PTSD C& P NERVOUS!

Rate this question

pumibel

Question

Hi everyone! I have not been in here for a while since I have started some classes. I bet I have some catching up to do! Last week I received a phone call from VES to schedule all of my exams ASAP, so tomorrow is my PTSD exam. I have been stressing about it for the past few days, but I know that cannot help. Next week I have to see the dentist on the 25th, a regular general medical doctor on the 27th, and on the 29th I have a bunch of X-rays and an echo-cardiogram scheduled. 

The VA had sent me a letter, dated for the 24th of December 2015, stating that they could not settle my case under the FDC program because they needed to know where all of my aches and pains were located. I was not surprised that they were going to remove my claim from the FDC, but the reasoning was suspect. I had provided all of the pain locations on my claim, and when I go to eBennies and look at my pending claim, I can see all of the places listed. Today I received another VA letter stating that the Dec letter was an error, and that all of my appointments would be scheduled very soon, so my claim would stay in the FDC program after all. yay!

I still do not know where my STRs are! The agencies from which I have requested my records (except for my local VA records) have all sent me letters stating that they do not have them. Argh!

I hope everyone here has had a pleasant holiday season and a good start for the new year!

EDIT: I was going to ask a few questions, and I totally forgot! Here are my most pressing ones:

Should I bring notes with me?

What do they do during the PTSD C&P? I have only answered some survey questions in the past and didn't discuss the actual event. I am very anxious about that!

Edited by pumibel
Forgot to ask my questions!

I just got back from C&P exam #3. This doc seemed to really understand how the VA process works, and he was focused on connecting my issues to my AD, not with trying to undermine my claim. He and his assistant did the paperwork right there as we went over all of my claims. He service connected my migraines, back and neck, and right foot. He could find entries in my STR to support those specific claims. He even connected my migraines as a primary DX and determined that they were not part of the PTSD.

As it stands, he cannot connect my claims for arthritis because no one ever Dxed it during my military service or even afterwards (they never took xrays). He could not connect Fibromyalgia immediately for the same reasons, but I was DXed with fibro and DeQuervain's disease after I separated.

I have x-rays on Friday, and he said that if anything showed changes to the joints in the x-rays, he will go through my records to find the appointments where I had gone in to sick call with pain in my joints or the general area. For the fibro and De Quervain's, he may be able to find applicable complaints in my STR that show symptoms even if X-rays do not show any problems.

I was so relieved to learn that he had access to my STR! I know now that it is available somewhere and not lost forever.

1 hour ago, Navy4life said:

Cost me $4,500 out of pocket to get my two front teeth fixed b/c of my Eating Disorder.  Dental S/C is really tough!

I knew that would be a tough one. If it is determined that my TMD was related to PTSD and Anxiety, would that be good or bad? It doesn't sound like I would be 100% SC, right?

Pumibel, it depends on how severe your symptoms for each condition are. The c&p you just had sounds very promising, it would be nice if at least the majority of examiners were that pro veteran. As you know, the VA rates based on severity of symproms. For my primary sc condition, systemic lupus, for example, they rate on how many flareups, or exacerbations, you have each year. I currently have one or two PER MONTH, which should be 100% by itself, but that condition is rated at 60%. However, i go to VA almost exclusively for treatment, so every time i have a flare, i go to va urgent care, so its all documented. For some conditions they may rate based on hiw much meds are required to control the condition. I know fibromyalgia is very similar to lupus, and painful. For the migraines, do you have prostrating migraines, and how often do you have them?

I have at least 2 a month where I have to darken the room and lie down. Sometimes they last for several days, and it hurts to read, work on the computer, or listen to music. Most of my complaints are constant, but fibro flareups and anxiety-related symptoms  probably cut my daily productivity in half. The doctor was throwing a lot of different numbers/percentages out there, like the ROM and others I cannot remember now. I was not really expecting anything to have 100% rating since I have been separated for so many years.

Pumibel, length of time from service does make it more difficult to GET service connected, but once they determine you are connected it should have no bearing on your actual rating. For example, i ets'd in 2001. I did not file my claim until Jan of 2010, nine years later. In fact, 2010 is also when i began receiving treatment through VA, because i had no idea i was still eligible to receive treatment through VA, i believed once my ID expired, that was that. My conditions worsened to the point i was desperate, and decided to go talk to VA, and found to my relief i could get treatment. My claims took six years to win, but i did succeed, and you will as well. Let me look up the rating criteria for migraines, ill google it and see what it reads, and hopefully that will give you a general idea of migraine rating.

OK, i looked it up, prostrating migraines occurring once a month warrant a 30% rating. Frequently occurring completely prostrating migraines producing severe economic impairment warrant 50%. Please forgive my method of posting, I am using my phone as I just bought a new desktop and have to wait on the assembly people to put the desk together before I set it up, or I would have copy/pasted.  It sounded like you had a good examiner, so he should have marked the prostrating box on the dbq,  so its a possible 30-50, depending on if you are able to work, I would think. If you are employed, probably 30 for the migraines.