VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice needed

Rate this question

manni

Question

I went to C&P exam for my IU, before submitting my claim for IU I was rated 50% PTSD, 50% vision, 30% Migraine and 10%TBI. I had my first C&P for Migraine which lasted 15-20 minutes, and then I had C&P exam for PTSD which took about one hour, 15 minutes she was on her phone talking to one of her patients and then she spend about 20 minutes trying to find my military records on her computer. Then she asked me 3 or 4 times about driving and I told her I don't drive anymore. Of course she didn't mention that on her report. Her other question was when I started service and I gave her my DD214. I also gave her a letter from VOC rehab which says I don't qualify for VOC Rehab because my health problems are too severe and again she didn't mention that. I gave her a DBQ from my neurologist which says I can't work but again she didn't mention anything about it, she just mentioned the medication that I'm taking and then wrote TBI has no effect on my social and occuptional  life.
For PTSD she mentioned the following:

OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT DUE TO MILD OR TRANSIENT SYMPTOMS WHICH DECREASE WORK EFFICIENCY AND ABILITY TO PERFORMOCCUPATIONAL TASKS ONLY DURING PERIODS OF SIGNIFICANT STRESS, OR SYMPTOMS CONTROLLED BY MEDICATION

Of course she didn't mention what every Psychiatrist and Psychogists that I visited the last 3 years wrote about my PTSD (severe PTSD).
I still have vision C&P exam but I don't think this will go well too.
Anyway, from what I red I think my PTSD rating will go down from 50% to 10%, I know some will say C&P is just a part of the claim and it doesn't have total effect on rating, that is WRONG C&P decides what rating you will get and the rater depends totally on what is mentioned in the C&P exam.
My question is this, if I get a PTSD DBQ from outside the VA hospital (since no Psychiatrist in the VA will fill one) will that have any effect on my claim or it is too late now?
Will DBQ filled out by a Psychologist have the same as one filled by Psychiatrist?
Is there anything I can do to help my claim?
Any advice will be highly appreciated

Flores

Years ago my father went to California to work for about a couple months.  He was a super machinist and taught others his craft.  

He went to breakfast at the same place each morning and soon became friendly with the waitress.  So, he told her one morning, "Nag me a little, I am homesick".  

The next time he came in, she nagged, "Where were you last night..how come you did not take out the trash like I asked...can't you even pick up your socks off the floor...?"  

My father responded, "Thank's, Im not homesick any more, it feels just like home"

Of course you dont do that, Flores.   Im always much better at seeing others faults than I am at recognizing my own, well, that is, if I had any faults.  I thought I made a mistake once, but it turned out that I was wrong about that.  Well excuse me, I have to go yell...er..talk to my kids. 

(in background)  "Ok, now why didnt you do your homework, when I told you to?  Now dont give me no excuses that you were doing chores, and working.  Now, go to the store and get me some more bon-bons, as I am nearly out.  And puleeze dont interrupt my soap operas.  After you get the dishes done, the laundry, the floors swept and mopped, and my shopping for me, please do your homework quietly so you dont wake me up, as they are supposed to have a new soap this evening that I need to watch! "

LOl, Mom..oops, i mean Broncovet, you crack me up!! (I will add that I would rather get hit by a car than watch soap operas), you sound remarkably knowledgeable!! I still dont believe you ever made a mistake in your life, i know i havent! (obviously, i take more after my dad than my mother), in background, my mothers laughing hysterically, now please excuse me while i make sure my son completed his chores! ;)

Good.  I like people who laff at my jokes.  Sometimes I laff at my own jokes, at times very hard.  My newest one is related to my "age". (Im over 60).  

When people ask how old I am, I respond that Im 39.  

"Thirty nine?   Gee, what happened to you?  You look much older!  

Nope.  Im realy 39*

*Plus state and local taxes, fees, shipping and handling charges, any added accessories, as well as applicable  fuel surcharges, convience fees, one time fees, two timer fees, inconvience fees, and fees necessary to charge more fees, doc fees (dealer handling and preperation), lease acquisition charges, and other fees required by the government, bank, or other institution, as well as added dealer profit fees, plus a 10% commission added so that the dealer may recover some of his extra costs for collecting all these extra fees.   

Edited by broncovet

Bronco, stop!! It doesn't do my hernia any good to laugh that hard!! (As in with tears pouring down my face), I needed that, thank you!! Manni, please update us on how your claim goes, i wish you the best of luck!!