Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC C&P Exams tomorrow

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Well with all that is going on for me....With my DRO hearing at the end of the month, I now have my C&P exams scheduled for tomorrow that pertain to my  FDC that I filed on 1/12/16.  I got the packet in the mail last week and I have gotten all my evidence ready for each exam.  My one exam is for an increase to my Left Ankle Synovitis.  I have a great letter from my podiatrist to back me up doctor letter_Redacted.pdf as well as I have all my medical records from the time I was S/C to current.  Not sure if the examiner has them or not so I am bringing them.  I plan to bring my Osteogenesis stimulator with me.  I am sure I will look a hot mess rolling up on my knee bike with my right foot in a boot from the fall.  

My FDC also includes a request for 100% temporary convalescence for the past surgery to my right foot.  Since it's not S/C (hence the DRO hearing coming up addresses this issue), I requested to be compensated based on the fact that my Left Ankle caused the fall (see letter from doctor I attached).

I also have an evaluation for PTSD/MST

So I have two C&P exams tomorrow, one for the ankle and the other for MH..... 

Exam ONE is done - total time 1-1/2hours for my MH (PTSD/MST) & Eating Disorder.  I now know why they ordered this exam.  I think I was rated incorrectly for my eating disorder.  I have Anorexia Nervosa 0% and I should be rated with Bulimia because I purge with laxatives. I have always loved to eat, I just purge it with laxatives and have done so for several decades.

Also apparently I have BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder), which I figured I had because I have always seen myself as a FAT person.  Never feeling satisfied with my looks.

We tackled my PTSD/MST next and I didn't have to go in "great detail" of the assault.  We discussed a lot of the same things I discussed in my original C&P exam in 2014.  She indicated she would finish her report and submit it to the VA tonight.  She was very polite and the room was an "office" like setting rather than a cold exam room.  I felt comfortable!

Now I am in between exams waiting to do my L ankle C&P so I am grabbing some grub.  Will update later!