Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still no decision letter.

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Not sure what to say, I called the benefits counselor at my local VAMC.  I told him that I had some claims that were closed on January 23rd, according to my ebenefits account.  I said today is February 23rd, and I still haven't received a decision letter explaining why my claims were denied.

Now, I emailed Mr. McDonald on Jan 22nd with questions about 2 of the claims that were denied with out exams, even though I submitted evidence from my SMR.  Guess what, no reply from him or his office.

I sent an inquiry via IRIS regarding same and lack of decision letter.  That was on Feb 2nd.  Only response was the automated 5 business days to reply response.  I sent a complaint via IRIS on Feb. 16th in regards to no decision letter being received, tho my ebenefits account states decision letter sent. 

I explained to benefits counselor that I called Peggy several times on several different days, and could not get through each time.  I told him that I contacted the VA via the IRIS and hadn't heard anything there either.  So he looked me up and saw that a claim filed in August of 15 was closed/denied on January 23rd, 16.  I said yes, and I haven't received my decision letter.  He said he will get it out in today's mail.

Will be mentioning all this to my VA MH therapist when I see him again on the 29th of this month.

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, and it really is hard to say these days. VA denies us when we think the Evidence is there, and other times they grant SC when it really could go either way. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

My teeth and jaw hurt all the time now, I can't stop clenching.  Seems like every time I stop thinking about not clenching....clench!  But not to worry, according to the RO, 6 SMR entries do not a valid claim for SC make.

I have my next VA MH therapy session on the 29th.  He is going to go through a MH depression DBQ "for his notes", since he is barred from writing a note directly to the RO for me.  So he will be writing in his notes how he thinks my MDD is connected to my service via several different issues. 

He also wants to perform a neurological exam over the next few sessions after this one.  I guess he's a little concerned with the "holes" in my memory.

Beyond that....I just don't know anymore

*clench*

Sounds like you are stalled for a bit.  GTF AWAY from this site for 24 hrs., please!  It will do you good.  See a movie, watch some TV, take a walk, blah, blah, blah...Do whatever relaxes you, and leave all this alone for a while!  Take a break!  It will be here waiting once you have decompressed for a bit and you will be better off for it.

10's of thousands of veterans also file their claims, submit their evidence, and receive their ratings and have no complaint. What you see on this site and others, good and bad, is a microcosm of the vocal element of both sides. You aren't getting an accurate picture either way. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

10's of thousands of veterans also file their claims, submit their evidence, and receive their ratings and have no complaint. What you see on this site and others, good and bad, is a microcosm of the vocal element of both sides. You aren't getting an accurate picture either way. 

Well, that's useful!  And verifiable, too!

No more verifiable than "The VA is out to get me......." 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)