Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Neurological exam

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Does anyone have any recent experience with neurological exams, the 8 hour variety?  My VA MH therapist is referring me to neuro to get scheduled.  He's quite interested in finding out what, if any, may be the cause of the holes in my memory.  Hmmm, wonder if maybe they can tell me why I experience deja vue (all over again) so often.

Apparently I was confused, when he told me previously that he wanted to go through a depression DBQ during our next session, which was Feb 29th. 

7 hours ago, iceturkee said:

i would be cautiously optimistic andy! :-)

Probably drive myself insane waiting for the report on this. lol

Ok, results are finally in, the space is so vast and empty that they got lost. Ok, not really, I do have a brain in my head(how else does my skull retain it's shape?).

I had therapy yesterday, and asked the dr if he had gotten the report, said it only came yesterday.  Said there are no major concerns, such as physical issues or diseases of the brain, apparent. So, that's good. But, I do have short and long term memory loss issues. Some of the test scores came in way below average. 

I think one of them was in the 4th percentile(yikes!!!). The opinions said most of my memory issues are directly tied to my depression. Somehow they missed my loss of concious, even though I gave them a copy of the report with the LOC highlighted.  Also my SA is a big factor as well.

AND!!!! What do you think of all this?  Even though they missed the LOC part, sounds like maybe their is a chance to tie this all in with your MDD claim and SA claim.  Sounds good or positive to me for the long haul. I know this is not what you were hoping for but it is positive stuff. 

5 hours ago, silverdollar22 said:

AND!!!! What do you think of all this?  Even though they missed the LOC part, sounds like maybe their is a chance to tie this all in with your MDD claim and SA claim.  Sounds good or positive to me for the long haul. I know this is not what you were hoping for but it is positive stuff. 

I'm not sure what to make of it, beyond the face value, that I already knew my memory was full of holes. I'm trying to figure out how to do just that, tie it all together.  One thing for sure, my therapist told me yesterday, that he will refer me back for the same battery in a few years, to see if or how things may have changed for better or worse.  But he keeps telling me he can't specifically write an IMO for me, to rebut the quack who did my MH C&P exam.

So, it's good that he wants to stay on top of this.  Guess it's time to start shopping around for a shrink to do an IME/IMO.