VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Claim update

Rate this question

russ209

Question

So I spent some time at the national center at the menlo park va. I put in a claim for Para 29 IU and Ptsd increase. Well I had to go to a C&P exam Ill post the notes when my healthevet is back up but on the bottom it says IU is not warranted because my ptsd is permanetly and totally disabling. I was also awarded SSDI for ptsd and tbi. The so the va is requesting another 21-492 even though the original I submitted I stated the employer would not sign and they are asking for Social security records. Do I upload just the award letter or do I go to the SS office and get something more in depth? Thanks Russ.

Thats a contradictory statement if I ever heard one. JMO give them a copy of the award from SSA.  The SSA documents are probative evidence, especially since you are awarded for PTSD through SSA as well as VA.

Send the documents green carded for a signature so the VA can't use the excuse that they have not received the information.

1 hour ago, ArNG11 said:

Thats a contradictory statement if I ever heard one. JMO give them a copy of the award from SSA.  The SSA documents are probative evidence, especially since you are awarded for PTSD through SSA as well as VA.

Send the documents green carded for a signature so the VA can't use the excuse that they have not received the information.

Thanks for the reply I uploaded the award letter to ebenfits. Ill send a copy in the mail tomorrow. I dont live from the RO should I just drive them in? 

14 hours ago, TALON II FE said:

Personally, driving them in is ok, but I would want them going thru the new data intake centers to make sure they are filed correctly and are not just 'top drawered'.

Talon you're probably right with that one. With the new "intake" centers it is necessary to do that now.  You know because the VA claims centers are all about making it easier for the Veteran. ?

russ this is good and bad, for your privacy block out personal information, if you can sanitize the file that would be safer for you right now. you can edit the file you posted on here as well 

Edited by ArNG11
spelling