Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Be sure to continue submitting new treatment records

Rate this question

flores97

Question

I currently have an appeal in for SSDI, I initially applied in Oct 2015, was denied Dec 2015, and appealed Jan 7, 2016. Currently my appeal is at the Disability Determination Service center in Raleigh. I have been told the reason a lot of individuals are denied is that, when they go to the ER, Urgent Care, or have more treatment appointments, they do not send these new records in to DDS or Social Security(wherever your packet is located at that time). I was actually allowed to speak to my examiner this morning when I called to report new treatment. As of Friday(Mar 11), I have been diagnosed at Durham vamc with fibromyalgia as well as systemic lupus. The examiner made the comment(almost like she was talking to herself), well, I might not even have to send you to an exam. I usually send the recs in myself, I had just mailed a packet documenting my recent lupus flareups and visits to VA urgent care since Jan, but I wanted to let every other vet trying to obtain your SSDI know, CONTINUE submitting your new treatment recs every time you get care after submitting your SSDI application. It can really help your case, and i will keep everyone updated on my status for SSDI.

I'd like to chime in that I witnessed a gentlemen get denied SSDI when he had a broken back.  The guy literally had a fractured spine pinching vital nerves and the government still said "no help from us!".  The word on the beat is that they just deny everybody the first time and then back off when they get lawyers.   On the other hand I have thousands of records with the V.A. medical system that Social Security can just pull on their own, if needed.  That alone has been enough for me to get SSDI right away and to continue receiving SSDI after the 2-3 year exams routine.   Good luck Ma'am

THANK YOU for your service.