Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Crises LinesI

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got so upset today about not getting my critical meds I called the VA crises line.  I was told there was nothing they could do since the phone call was being received in New York and I live in Florida.   I was referred to a number in Tampa where I live.   This is a VA line.

I called and got a recorded message.  I went nuts.  I called Patient Advocate and got a recording.   I called my Team and got nothing.   I called my congressman and they brushed me off.   I almost called 911.   I sent secure email and told my team I was going to ask

congresswoman to open a criminal investigation in regards crisis line neglect.  I smeared excrement every where I went to impress the anger I was feeling at being left in darkness about critical drugs I need to get on time with no dumb delays or screw-ups.  It

turns out my nurse on my team made an error.    She said "Sorry about that"  which made it all better in her mind.   My wife tells me to get out of the VA system because she knows this is going to happen every month.   She is right, of course, but I cling to

idea that the VA owes me medical care for SC illness/injuries.  Also, living in Florida which is Pill Mill capital of the USA it is hard to get honest doctors to prescribe opiates.   I live in chronic pain  and when I tell my shrink about it she tells me "Before you kill yourself call us".

If I had been at the point of hanging myself I would have gotten a recorded message and would be swinging from a tree branch by now.     This is criminal neglect.   The pharmacists says there are hundreds of vets like me not getting meds on time and they are

understaffed.  How can this be with billions being spent on patient care and suicide prevention?  

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is just scared to death of the DEA and of bad news when a vet dies from an overdose.  I called "  8 on your side" which is local media that investigates our horrible local government in Tampabay and such.   They blew me off and told me to call my congressman.  I am seeing her on Tuesday but expect nothing.  If she does not know that our care at the VA is substandard by now she has been living in a galaxcy far, far away.    Everyone except the VA knows the VA is failing in its mission to vets.   If I could buy my way out of the system I would do it, but I am not going to just let them get rid of 100% vet, and care for some guy who got kicked out for being a drunk with a general discharge.  All I really want is free pills, testing and just a way to document my continued disability.   Going to the VA is the easiest way to do this I have found.  A few more years and I won't be needing the VA for anything.