Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Orthopedic C & P exam

Rate this question

babyray

Question

I got a C & P exam today for an increase for my lower back which is my siatical nerve. What questions will they ask. Thx

Basically they will do the standard back DBQ.  Remember, your back, and all other joints, are rated by range of motion, ROM.  So when you go to exam, and they have you start bending, stop at the first sign of pain, tightness, instability, or anything that don't feel right. 

As for sciatica, that would be a secondary to SC claim.

babyray,

Now, don't expect them to give you the sciatica with out you putting in a claim for it.  Only 1 out of 10,000 Vets gets a bonus SCD primary or secondary, without filing a claim. 

You will most likely have to endure an EMG, where the examiner will zap you with low level juice, like an electric cattle fence, to get a reading on the level of nerve damage or impingment.  Also stick you with a tiny needle probe and listen to the signals going through your nervous system.  Can be lots of fun, especially if they tap into a motor branch plate!

This is me again. I went to the c & p exam today and it took just 5 minutes. The VA orthopedic doc ask me about 2 or 3 questions and did a rom on my body parts and said you can go now. He said he will write up the report and he does not make the decision on giving me an increase, someone else does. I have never had a c & p exam which took only 5 min, has anyone else? I got on e-benefit just now and the report says that a decision has been made by the veteran service organization and they will let me know in april/may 2016. What is going on here? Are they for real? Who are the VSO who make these kinds of decisions? Some of yall must know about this. Please let me know.

16 minutes ago, babyray said:

This is me again. I went to the c & p exam today and it took just 5 minutes. The VA orthopedic doc ask me about 2 or 3 questions and did a rom on my body parts and said you can go now. He said he will write up the report and he does not make the decision on giving me an increase, someone else does. I have never had a c & p exam which took only 5 min, has anyone else? I got on e-benefit just now and the report says that a decision has been made by the veteran service organization and they will let me know in april/may 2016. What is going on here? Are they for real? Who are the VSO who make these kinds of decisions? Some of yall must know about this. Please let me know.

You had it done today and its on eben already that was quick. check bluebutton myhealthevet and see if his write up is in there. usually it takes 3 days to show and eben even longer. i had a C&P done today as well and still nothing im figuring sometime next week i will see the review. Best of luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd be surprised if you get a increase % rating  or unless your already S.C. ?

Hell you might get a proposal to reduce?

5 mim is ridiculous amount of time to do an exam like you had.

& Usually when a Examiner tells you ''its not me that makes the decision''  you can just about bet your boots its a denial.

I hope I 'm wrong  but from my experience that's usually the way it went.

Good Luck

................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck52, I am already rated at 10%, does that change things?