Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which is better? DAV or VFW or DIY

Rate this question

MudHugger71

Question

I'm in need of some expert opinions on bunch of stuff. This is the first one. Through experience, my first VSO at an "actual " VFW office  FUBARD my PTSD claim by not sending my " stressor attachment " via fax with rest of my claim. I went down to ask her what happened and why she didn't contact me about it like the letter says she was supposed to? She got some lady down in Pittsburgh on the speaker phone (main VFW office and supposedly my POA),and I asked the lady 3x, are you positive you didn't get that attachment paper? She said "NO", so I walked out. The VSO called me and she said she'd resend it. I told her never mind and she got nasty with me,and kept stating, " I'm a single mother with two kids and both of you (referring to me and my wife) need to get jobs". " Winning a claim is like winning the lottery " And both us, are working, so she had no right to say that. Yeah, she helped with my tinnitus claim, which was awesome, but when it came to my PTSD claim, she went narcissistic on me. So did my second VSO/ AKA supposedly " VSO/friend ". He never told me to get my records/c-file first before filing a claim! Which in return, would have made things a little bit easier on everybody. Now, I'm stuck as to stay with VFW (since they already did my first claim) or switch to another VSO organization. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have DAV as my claim Rep  he is worthless. so I worked my own PTSD Claim   with help from Hadit members  and VA MH treatment records/Notes and diagnoses and STR from duty in Vietnam and medical records,& other service records & my letter in detail on statement is support of claim,and a good C&P Examiner, I did all this without informing my DAV Rep.   I need to send in a request to revoke his POA.  just never got around to it.

if your in appeals & chose to hire another VSO Rep  then your old POA is canceled out  and they go with your new POA.

jmo

.................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder
9 minutes ago, toddt said:

Haha funny but no thanks

I have to agree with the comments regarding "you are your best advocate". 

The person I have been working with, is just not engaged or especially knowledgeable.  The VSO did scan and submit my claim, however the scan was such poor quality, it was not legible.  The RO send me a letter asking for the information again, so I uploaded it myself.   Likable person for sure, just not someone I would prefer to go into battle with. 

The development, progress and followup is up to me....as it should be, in the end.

I am grateful to have fellow Veterans and professionals on Hadit.com and other message boards on the internet, that offer usable solutions and suggestions to problems regarding this process.

Thank you everyone.

toddt, does Amazon have any as long as I'm here "I may as well..."  I've completely rebuilt a couple of old Jags starting with a flat tire followed by the observation "I may as well."  Changing spark plugs can bring on the same insanity!   $$$$$>>>>>>>

LOL