VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

should I be happy with what I received and leave well enough alone?

Rate this question

GARYLINN

Question

I was ordered to go for a C and P exam in February for depression/anxiety/panic attacks with right arm/body tremor.  The C and P went really well and the doc was the supervisor of the psychologists so his word should be taken well.  I have not received an out come to this C and P yet.  I currently have 50% for that and enough from other disabilities to add up to 70% and they pay me at 100%.  But, I am not totally disabled in their eyes.  

Question:  I just recently started a heart med and nitroglycerin for my heart...I am rated at Zero for my heart.  Should I put in for this even though I am already being paid 100%?

Question:  MY right arm shakes a lot and I cannot use it very well.  I also have ED...I have taken all the meds and shot from the urologist for the ED and nothing works.  Should I put in for my arm and the ED.  The doctor says that it is from taking so many of the meds that I have to take for depression and anxiety.  So, those are related to my disabilities.  

Question:  If I get 100 percent but not get the P AND T, should I fight this?  My wife is getting ready to retire and I could certainly use the benefits...CHAMP VA is what I am talking about.

Thanks for any and all help

Gary

3 answers to this question

I too am 100% and even P&T, but we always should have the right to put in for an Increase or New Condition that warrants SC. Sorry to hear of your issues. Good luck and God Bless

The C and P was done and my results are in:  80 percent with payment of 100 for unemployability and total and perm too.  I think I am done fighting the VA.  I have other disabilities but I am getting all the benefits like CHAMPUSVA and college for my wife and they won't be calling me in for C and Ps anymore..what more could I want?

• HadIt.com Elder

If your at 100% and you have other disability's that can be SC, Yes Absolutely file on them.

if you can get up to 60% more ratings  you will qualify for SMC  and more compensation per month  and if you have these disability's for 10 years  then that qualifies  your spouse for DIC.

This is good for a veteran to keep going...not so much the Compensation but peace of mind for you and your spouse. but a little extra a month helps out. SMC-S HB pays an extra 347 per month with spouse. and more for any other dependents you may have.

jmo

......................Buck

...........Buck