Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RO Hearing question

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

I sent in my NOD application asking for a DRO HEARING but attached no new evidence (have plenty). My question is will RO ask me to send in my new evidence at some time prior to my actual scheduled-to-be DRO HEARING?  I have read you should send new evidence immediately, then some say wait and show it to them in person.  Do I even have either of these options, or not?  Hope someone can offer their experiences ........(1) sent new evidence with NOD form.....and (2) anyone who waited till the Hearing to provide all new evidence.

Wayne    

Edited by Wayne TX

Wayne TX, I didn't mean to alarm you with the info about possibly not getting a hearing if you don't send in your N&M evidence. I have, however, seen it happen to other veterans when they retain the N&M evidence to present at the hearing instead of sending it in, and don't want that to happen to you, because without the N&M evidence, they can do an administrative denial without even having the hearing, and you would be forced to file a formal appeal, or Form 9 to BVA. They must have N&M evidence to substantiate the need for a DRO hearing, which I think is bs since often a major portion of our files might as well be new and material considering our recs usually get a glance and that's about it (at least at some of the ROs, I'm fortunate enough to have one of the decent ones). If you are requesting your cfile, consider contacting your local congressman to help speed up the process, I waited almost two years on mine, contacted my local congresswoman and had it on the doorstep less than a week or so later, delivered by ups.  I also used Dr Ellis for my imo and he did a superb job, really great guy.

Thanks Flores97.......I may give the Congressman approach if not delivered within 6 months. I seriously doubt I will get screwed out of a DRO HEARING for lack of not submitting new evidence up front as I have obtained the services of an attorney who does know VA Benefits Law.  I got fedup dealing with VSO and Veteran's Commission Reps who are nothing more than Clerks submitting paper to RO. I've done all the work!  I believe all this BS comes down to the VA knowing that the average Joe has no clue about VA Benefits Law, and realize many won't fight back and give up trying. As for Dr. Ellis.....he's one of the good guys in a system full of denials and low balling of legit claims.