VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Choice Card Still here?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Has for as seeing my PCP it is hard for me to see her unless I have a 6 month check up, 

b/c when I need to see her in between my check-up/follow up appointments, the clerks at the clinic says she is to busy and I'll have to see the charge nurse....every time I go and ask to see my PCP  if I don't have an appointment  they always make me see someone else  usually  her Nurse.

Again this is frustrating.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its terrible to have to do it this way, but you can go to the ER, and get a referral to your PCP.  Its catch 22...you have to have a PCP referral to get Veterans choice, but you cant get an appointment with your PCP to get a referral.  Take charge of your healthcare, and be proactive...rest assured the VA isnt looking out for you or your family, you have to do that.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh I kow broncovet yep I know

I thought about doing this  if my wife private dentist will see me and  hopefully can let me know or do a test to see if this is truly cancer...I'll pay for this test out of my pocket  and talk to the VA About it later.

I doubt seeing an hospital Advocate will do any good ?  they usually say if the clinics are booked up  then I just have to wait my turn for the appointment (after they say let me make a few phone calls) they do this to get the vet off their backs, I been there done that many times.

sometimes medical opinions can't wait  early detection is the best medicine  especially if cancer in question.

• HadIt.com Elder

My spouse just got off the Phone with the VA advocate she gave her name and calling on my behalf and gave my  name and last 4   she ask him why do I have to wait to see a Oral surgeon that my VA Dentist put an order in  and the earliest they can see me is Nov 2016?

I had just seen the VA Dentist Friday the 12th  &The VA Dentist suspects oral cancer  by visual but needed a confirmation from oral surgery Dr. Dentist  put order in computer for me to see the Oral surgery clnic  but its Nov 2016  before they can see me  ect,,ect,,,,

Then the Advocate supposeably  put in a three way call for him and her  to talk to the Dentist clerks. after the connection was made the VA Advocate hung up  and the girl at the dentist office was rude to my spouse and ask her to be civil ....my spouse was nice and ask in a nice why   why do I have to wait for Nov to be seen about something as important at this...the clerk got pissed off and said I'll just transfer you to my supervisor...then she got voice mail    how frustrating is that.

wife left message for the supervisor to call her back Please!  &gave phone #  my spouse was not rude or yelling or anything  just asking why I can't be seen sooner and are there any closer times that I can be seen for this.

Damn the VA

Buck,  VMC Fast-Track ER is a possibility.

I got this information and service from my VMC Cardiac Dept Chief Scheduler. I was having an ongoing problem with the VET Choice Program, attempting to Locate a VA Choice Provider for Card Rehab mid 2015.

While discussing the problem of getting a Provider, she told me that if I came right out and specifically requested that she cancel my Vet Choice Request, she would personally get the Service approved by one of the local Hospitals and the VMC, not Vet Choice, would pay. Before the day was out, she was back to me with 3 providers, within a week, I had my 1st appointment.

I'm not sure VMC Dental Dept's have the same type of Scheduling Honcho. but worth looking into.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Gastone

I understand what you mean  but these are just plain idiot's we have to deal with at this VMC, the clerks take up for each other and get on the offensive when questioned.

I think I will just go see a private Dr.

My spouse called her private Dr (Dentist) to see if they would see me about this  although her insurance won't cover me &  they mention that I can pay a office visit they would check it for me but couldn't confirm it without a biopsy  but they deal with this  kind of issue and if I could  I could come with my spouse appointment tomorrow  and they would also see me.

So I think thats what I'm going to do....the VA Advocate has not return our call.

so time is the most important here...  in case I do have oral cancer  maybe early detection is the best.

Thanks Everyone  I appreciate you guys.

..........................Buck