VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Gives me too many depression meds, advice requested.[Warning: Long Story]

Rate this topic

I have seen my new psych 4 times total and each time he has added new meds, or increased the dosage of existing ones.

appt 1: sertraline 50mg. (Now @100)

appt 2: Seroquil (quetiapine fumarade) 50mg (Now @100).

appt 4: bupropion 100mg.

Long story short I don't want to take All of these.  At my old VA I was prescribed 1 pill, Adderall, for 8 years. It did not fix my issues, but it made me happen when I took it.

New VA, new Psych stopped the adderall and gives me these pills that make me feel zombified during the day and also haven't fixed my issues.

I'm still angry at random and distrust people, still have days where Im so sad with my life I want to jump in a lake, still hear bad voices, still sleep 4 hours a night.

I feel even worse than before. Has anyone else had a similar reaction to this combo?

I mentioned this at my last appointment; brain fog for hours after waking, pysically drained, sad and sexually useless (I dont know how to make new relationships, and all my old ones are gone). Saying that got me the Bupropion rx, my issues written off with lines like  "worry it will get better eventually." 

Instead of seeing me as an individual I think my doc has blind faith in his own personal process. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and Im worried that when I bring this stuff up I'll get another pill added to the regimen.

My personal beliefs are that all these meds aren't working on me. Maybe I'm missing something about myself, something I can't see that is the root cause of my problems. That plus my scholiosis (I seen the x-ray from PMRS and it horrified me).

Seroquil does keep me asleep - first few nights it knocked me out but no longer does that. I still stay up late, and wake feeling slow and weak. More than once my arms were shaking to the point where it was effecting my morning pages (writing 2 freehand pages each morning as therapy - these are actually fun and helpful). It felt like extreme fatigue.

As far as the other 2 meds they have had literally no effect on my mood, the sertraline Ive been taking 3 months already. Welbutrin doesnt lift the brain fog. Coffee is more helpful.

Thank you, if you read this lengthy post. I now realize how much this topic has been bothering me and I think that Had-it is the best place to get it out. Can't wait to read responses.

Edited by Christheexplorer
Trimming

• HadIt.com Elder

Bad advice on the cannabis recommendation.   That is a good way to get any pain meds halted and any other psychoactive drugs.  You will be listed as drug abuser.  Feds don't go by state law.  Pot of any sort is still narcotic according to DEA.  You want to get in trouble with them.  Your VA doctor does not want trouble with DEA and would gladly turn you in as possessing and possibly sale of narcotics no doubt.  If you ever get caught with illegal (cannabis is illegal for feds) drugs in your system by VA they will label you a drug abuser and it will haunt you forever!  I used only prescribed opiates and VA tried to bill my insurance for treatment for drug abuse.

Christ

You area taking anti-psychotic meds.  Your doctor must think you have psychotic symptoms.  If I took all drugs the VA wanted me to take I, too, would be a zombie.   The first two drugs are anti-psychotic drugs and the last is for depression.  Next they will load you up with Lyrica,  Neurontin and a boatload of other things to sedate you.  What exactly are you being treated for by VA quack?

bull shit on what va will do about POT

YOU better worry about your pills everybody don't need pills

for pain. VA is taking studies on pot for PTSD AS I speak

I USE EVERYDAY MY VA DR know this and you only have problems getting

narcotic meds nothing else. I don't take them anyway and doing a lot better

without.  jmho

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:31 PM, Christheexplorer said:

I have seen my new psych 4 times total and each time he has added new meds, or increased the dosage of existing ones.

appt 1: sertraline 50mg. (Now @100)

appt 2: Seroquil (quetiapine fumarade) 50mg (Now @100).

appt 4: bupropion 100mg.

Long story short I don't want to take All of these.  At my old VA I was prescribed 1 pill, Adderall, for 8 years. It did not fix my issues, but it made me happen when I took it.

New VA, new Psych stopped the adderall and gives me these pills that make me feel zombified during the day and also haven't fixed my issues.

I'm still angry at random and distrust people, still have days where Im so sad with my life I want to jump in a lake, still hear bad voices, still sleep 4 hours a night.

I feel even worse than before. Has anyone else had a similar reaction to this combo?

I mentioned this at my last appointment; brain fog for hours after waking, pysically drained, sad and sexually useless (I dont know how to make new relationships, and all my old ones are gone). Saying that got me the Bupropion rx, my issues written off with lines like  "worry it will get better eventually." 

Instead of seeing me as an individual I think my doc has blind faith in his own personal process. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and Im worried that when I bring this stuff up I'll get another pill added to the regimen.

My personal beliefs are that all these meds aren't working on me. Maybe I'm missing something about myself, something I can't see that is the root cause of my problems. That plus my scholiosis (I seen the x-ray from PMRS and it horrified me).

Seroquil does keep me asleep - first few nights it knocked me out but no longer does that. I still stay up late, and wake feeling slow and weak. More than once my arms were shaking to the point where it was effecting my morning pages (writing 2 freehand pages each morning as therapy - these are actually fun and helpful). It felt like extreme fatigue.

As far as the other 2 meds they have had literally no effect on my mood, the sertraline Ive been taking 3 months already. Welbutrin doesnt lift the brain fog. Coffee is more helpful.

Thank you, if you read this lengthy post. I now realize how much this topic has been bothering me and I think that Had-it is the best place to get it out. Can't wait to read responses.

this will happen until you get the right dose just tell your doctor

and they will adjust your meds so it may help you just have to

try some until you are satisfied with the outcome