Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went For Tinnitus C & P

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I went for the tinnitus c & p at the V.A. hospital. After I drove 50 miles and parked a mile away I got in there and was informed I was instructed to come there for my travel pay only. I was given $8.00 and sent a couple miles away to a civilian audiologist. I was asked a few questions by a young trainee. It was totally not right after I had planned on what to say the correct way and wasn`t able to talk about how I got tinnitus. I tried to mention mortars, artillery, rockets, b-52`s, machine gun fire, tank fire etc. She wrote down exposed to missles. Then I was put in the hearing booth and told I had decent hearing and a report would be sent to the V.A Goodbye.

Cavman

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the inspiration, I have made some New years resolutions to get tinnitus connection. Just tonight reviewed my medical records, eyesight hurts trying to read medics handwriting, but just found one statement re "ear ringing" other places mention 2 concussion, seperate issues. Will attend to my tinnitus evlauation much more prepared now, that is taking military records alongto well recommended hearing clinic appointment. I also will take official job descriptions along to help define the work I did, hope thats not overdoing it. Good luck to you and us all. cg

What was your mos? You must also be in a region where the VARO ids more lenient.

Cavman

My MOS was 11B in Vietnam. My SMR's had near perfect hearing on entry and bad on exit from the service.

Glenn

D/2/501 101st Abn Inf

Walked the woods 67-68