Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Confusuion

Rate this question

missunderstood

Question

Hello everyone ,

Here is short version of my story. When i got out of the military in 2007 i was rated 70 disabled. I filed for an increase in 2009 and was awarded one for my PTSD and Back pain and went up to a total rating of 90%. I was rated 70% for PTSD and 40% for back pain and the rest comes from others. I have not worked since 2011 and filed for another increased which was denied. I then file a NOD in August 2008 and have heard nothing about it. When I filed the NOD I also filed to TDIU. I was notified by the VA that they closed the TDIU claim because i had an open appeal. I was baffled by this but now it is no where to be found on ebenefits that I ever filed the TDIU. I  have been waiting to hear about the appeal for over 2 years and nothing. Houston Texas is my regional and I called ISIS today and they said the turn around for appeals there is 425 days. I am well over 700 days at this point. They stated that the file was waiting on the DRO to review it. I am so tired of this.  My condition has worsened and there is no VA hospital near me and I have since gotten a back brace and everything. I am scared that I will loose my children if I seek outside help. Anyhow I guess i am wondering if I should file a new TDIU claim or whether I should wait out the appeal and file another one after they deny it. They might even try to go for a decrease from what I am guessing. I just feel hopeless.

Edited by missunderstood
errors

Oh by no means am I celebrating or feeling victorious. I am just happy that I finally know what's going on and that I can get prepared for my next step on appealing once again when I get denial. Better than just sitting here and not  knowing at all like I was. As far as evidence goes, I have records. If that's isn't enough then I guess it's just not enough. Until I get IU or P&T, I am not going to stop. I guess at this point I am satisfied with what I know. I was just stressed out because it looked like they were never going to move forward with the NOD.  I am ready for a denial and fully expect one. I will be hiring an attorney at that time and requesting a BVA hearing from there.