Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spent All Day And Night Out At Va

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Overall I had a good experience at VA yesterday. The VA in Dallas is improving. I had labs done, saw my VA Primary Doc . did a sleep study and had a Dental Evaluation.

Good reports on my blood work and my visit with my Gatekeeper Doc went well she is filling out paperwork to submit my A & A Claim. The VA Counselor I visited to get the form did not even know what it was.

Lots of Dental work but I am thinking of getting them cleaned and a couple of fillings and than heading to Mexico to get Dental Implants from my brother in law.

I spent a lot of time and was impressed most all the employees actually were friendly and I cannot even tell you how many times I was offered help in finding places.Could it be that the changes I have been waiting for are happening?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Overall I had a good experience at VA yesterday. The VA in Dallas is improving. I had labs done, saw my VA Primary Doc . did a sleep study and had a Dental Evaluation.

Good reports on my blood work and my visit with my Gatekeeper Doc went well she is filling out paperwork to submit my A & A Claim. The VA Counselor I visited to get the form did not even know what it was.

Lots of Dental work but I am thinking of getting them cleaned and a couple of fillings and than heading to Mexico to get Dental Implants from my brother in law.

I spent a lot of time and was impressed most all the employees actually were friendly and I cannot even tell you how many times I was offered help in finding places.Could it be that the changes I have been waiting for are happening?

Pete53:

Was you drinking at all before you got there?

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Pete, Sure am glad you were treated with respect and kindness! Wondering if new monies get to the VA Hospitals with the war on ... seems to be more gung-ho staff during the war too ... just musing. I think going to Mexico if you have social support sounds like an excellent idea !! Happy Holidays Pete !! Warmly, Adora

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, could it be that the VA hospitals are getting Veteran Friendly, I sure hope so. Ihave actually had only one bad experience at a VA hospital. The Rest were OK. Some were downright plesant.

I would like to see it carry over to the Regional offices and the claims personnel. But I realize that that may be whishful thinking.

Good luck with the Dentist and Enjoy Mexico.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

I quit drinking in 1982 during the NFL Replacement strike. I missed thousands of beer commercials and basicaly learned how not to drink for panic.

Wings thanks for your kind thoughts. Merry Christmas.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete, could it be that the VA hospitals are getting Veteran Friendly, I sure hope so. Ihave actually had only one bad experience at a VA hospital. The Rest were OK. Some were downright plesant.

I would like to see it carry over to the Regional offices and the claims personnel. But I realize that that may be whishful thinking.

Good luck with the Dentist and Enjoy Mexico.

John

John,

I wish that the Regional Office, especially Huntington, could be more human, but as you said perhaps wishful thinking.

Actually Dr. Muller at the Salem Medical Center was the most wonderful Psychologist and had no problem with standing up for the veteran.

He spent one hour of his time, searching for those medical records of mine from 1965 - 1979.

He didn't have to do this , as the question posed to him was, " Acquired Psychiatric Disorder" from 1979 to date.

He knew that wouldn't wash and took it own his own to right a wrong.

If you are in the Salem, Va. area and need a wonderful, honest Phd. Psychologist, I highly recommend him.

Have a wonderful Christmas,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine