Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spent All Day And Night Out At Va

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Overall I had a good experience at VA yesterday. The VA in Dallas is improving. I had labs done, saw my VA Primary Doc . did a sleep study and had a Dental Evaluation.

Good reports on my blood work and my visit with my Gatekeeper Doc went well she is filling out paperwork to submit my A & A Claim. The VA Counselor I visited to get the form did not even know what it was.

Lots of Dental work but I am thinking of getting them cleaned and a couple of fillings and than heading to Mexico to get Dental Implants from my brother in law.

I spent a lot of time and was impressed most all the employees actually were friendly and I cannot even tell you how many times I was offered help in finding places.Could it be that the changes I have been waiting for are happening?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The treatment I get at my local VAMC is not that bad. They are the only ones willing to prescribe the time release morphine that helps with my back pain. They keep trying to refer me for PTSD treatment and I keep telling them I am already seeing a shrink. They are always coming up with these new assessments. The political pressure must be on to identify PTSD candidates.

• HadIt.com Elder

John how right you are, They hit me with that last time i visited. I was even given some medicine to take.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

in the 80's VA staff felt the VA system was welfare for the vets and the veteran owed the staff for treating us. I can see a vast differance in the VA of the 80's and today.

Terry Higgns