Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We Got Our Christmas Present

Rate this topic

lnovell

Just wanted to share some great news with everyone here. We just recieved husband's award letter for 100% P&T due to unemployability.When the brown envelope showed up today we sat down together to open it because we were so worried that it would be a denial. This claim was just submitted in Mar 06! I didn't join this forum until after the claim was started and my husband went thru a service officer or something so I didn't really even know what was being asked for. They even increased his rating to 70% schedular at the same time. Fortunately, the C&P doc even said that with his injuries he is not able to work. And his SS claim had already been approved so we sent that along. After waiting seven years for the last claim to get approved we were really expecting a loooong wait. But the frustration and anxiety over this is finally done for the most part and now we can move on to focusing on his health, our kids(who will now get help with college), and our future.

Anyway--- even tho I was just a lurker,I thank you all for your wonderful, invaluable advice and your kindness, support, and encouragement for all of us dealing with the VA.

Lori

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

Lori,

You just don't know how happy this makes me, and I am sure all hadit members are elated. I hope that you have enough time left to enjoy these benefits for years to come.

• Founder
Just wanted to share some great news with everyone here. We just recieved husband's award letter for 100% P&T due to unemployability.When the brown envelope showed up today we sat down together to open it because we were so worried that it would be a denial. This claim was just submitted in Mar 06! I didn't join this forum until after the claim was started and my husband went thru a service officer or something so I didn't really even know what was being asked for. They even increased his rating to 70% schedular at the same time. Fortunately, the C&P doc even said that with his injuries he is not able to work. And his SS claim had already been approved so we sent that along. After waiting seven years for the last claim to get approved we were really expecting a loooong wait. But the frustration and anxiety over this is finally done for the most part and now we can move on to focusing on his health, our kids(who will now get help with college), and our future.

Anyway--- even tho I was just a lurker,I thank you all for your wonderful, invaluable advice and your kindness, support, and encouragement for all of us dealing with the VA.

Lori

enjoy take some time and get everything set up for your husbands needs and then you two take some time to relax and enjoy the fight is over.

Guest jangrin

Congratulations, that is such good news. It makes my holiday seasons better just knowing there is one more veteran and his family receiving their due compensation for serving our country. Take a deep breath and enjoy the holidays with the family. What a great victory. Thank you for sharing the good news, it's nice to hear.

Jangrin :)

Lori-

this is WONDERFUL!

and shows that the VARO can do the right thing- and not take forever-

please stay with us-

your experience and encouragement to others will help so many----

but do take a BREAK too----sometimes it is hard to put it all down even when the award letter comes!

The stress lingers ,many stay in the battle mode, even after the battle is won-

and sometimes depression can set in- after the fatique of it all-------

You did great and an victory in any award is a victory for ALL veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lori, Heres to a Job well done and Merry Christmas.

I am not sure about Arizona, But I Know that My home state allows children of 100% Service connected Veterans to attend State Universities tuition free. ALso chapter 35 benefits can be used for the Kids College.

Look at your states website under Veterans Benefits.

Hope the Retro hits the bank before Christmas.

It took mine about 10 days.