VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some of these c & p exams are just for the joke of it

Rate this question

oldtimer92

Question

Some exams are just for the fun of it for VA. I am getting sooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated  right now I can just scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put in claim for anxiety and another claim for Ptsd (didnt know they rated under one) ONLY after speaking with VA psychologist the first time. He eventually recommended me to speak with VA Psychiatrist  for medicines to help me. Now i am seeing both of them

I personally sent in my medical records with dates and hospital stay of stressor/ Buddy statements, etc. Went for exam with contractor. Spent 2 hours with him, he stated that he couldnt decide if I suffered from Ptsd with anxiety disorder and depression or more anxiety and depression. As I looked back at my sessions, I have been diagnosed with as Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Adjustment DO with depression from psychologist, but never PTSD. From VA Psychiatrist it states Insomnia, other trauma related anxiety, mood disorder, panic disorder, but AGAIN, never has written ptsd. First time ptsd was said to me was during the c&p exam by the VA contractor

BUT, I am assuming the doc for the Ptsd wasnt clear enough in his wording because after all these months claim went back to gather evidence for a medical opinion and/or 2nd ptsd exam. I had requested my C-file and C/P notes in February, I am told they are behind and it could be 3-6 months before I get them. 

What on God's green earth could possibly be the hold up now?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

oldtimer...

I can relate to your situation, regarding C&P exams. 

1st...Relying solely on VA drs. is just going to fatten and further confuse your issues.  Most of these quacks just review what the last did, throw their 'Two Cents' in and before long your file is complicating and confusing.  If you have any insurance, may I suggest seeing a private Psychiatrist and have them render a bona fide medical opinion.

2nd...Am I to assume that you went to "Release of Information" for a copy of your file?  If they told you that they were behind for that long, they LIED to you.  It shouldn't take 3-6 mos. to receive a copy of your file.

Go and see your patient advocate.  They'll (hopefully) be able to resolve that situation.

I can get ANY copies of my file ON THE SPOT for two-three pages and a week for multiple pages (usually 10+), which is mailed directly to me!

GOOD LUCK 2 U!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Oldtimer,
Unfortunately, this is how the VA works.

There is a VA policy called "pyramiding", which means multiple disabilities for the same body part or organ result in a single rating based on the higher of the two. Yes, you can be SC for both under a single rating, but they will try and determine which impacts you more and rate based on how much they impact your social and professional life.

VA psych docs tend to start by diagnosing AD, GAD, or depression. Over time, other conditions like PTSD may be added. Whether or not if your VA psych doc diagnoses you with PTSD, the nexus required for SC of PTSD must be confirmed or diagnosed by the C&P psych doc. The rules for PTSD claims were relaxed a few years back, but they threw this monkey wrench in there.

Until you receive the envelope in the mail, your claim status may juggle around in a seemingly random fashion. Yeah, it is better than not knowing anything, but it is still a veil.

Again, it is unfortunate but normal for a C-file request to take what seems forever.

Oldtimer,

My exam was on myHealthyVet after about a week.  Not sure about PTSD, but mine was for OCD.  I was denied, but the C&P exam was on there.  All of my C&P exams have been on there since 2013 I tlhink.

My c-file took 3 months in 2013 and 5 months in 2017.  Paper in 2013 and CD in 2017.

FWIW,

Hamslice

Update: Went in for 2nd mental health exam. I was thinking it was another one for the claim for anxiety or a followup on the noncombat ptsd. I get there and she tells me it is for a new claim for depression. So now, I am totally lost because again my claims were for 2 other conditions. Now my question is, did VA change the condition and requested a medical opinion and will they automatically deny the other claim and I have to reapply for the new claim that I went for?? by the way, the mental health doctor did service connect me for Major recurring depression with anxious distress due to traumatic event that occurred in service.

Now just waiting to see what VA can come up with now!!!

Even my contractor exams only take at the most two weeks to process the examiner has it submitted back the day off or the next day at the latest if you have an attorney he can always get you a copy. Or as I found out you can go to the RO in person and they gave me a copy of my contracted C&P on the spot?

4 hours ago, oldtimer92 said:

Update: Went in for 2nd mental health exam. I was thinking it was another one for the claim for anxiety or a followup on the noncombat ptsd. I get there and she tells me it is for a new claim for depression. So now, I am totally lost because again my claims were for 2 other conditions. Now my question is, did VA change the condition and requested a medical opinion and will they automatically deny the other claim and I have to reapply for the new claim that I went for?? by the way, the mental health doctor did service connect me for Major recurring depression with anxious distress due to traumatic event that occurred in service.

Now just waiting to see what VA can come up with now!!!

I'm on the same boat  its like that stupid magic eightball of VA ratings

Edited by jfrei