Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Reps

Rate this question

DD_Carter

Question

Do any of you use a vet rep like DAV in North Carolina. I am currently using the DAV in Winston Salem but they have misled me on more than one occasion. AmVets are the ones that helped me with my initial claim and I really liked them but I had to switch do to proximity to their office. If you are using a rep in the Eastern North Carolina area, can you please let me know some contact info and if they have been really good at helping. Thanks in advance. I am also considering a 3rd party source that can help. I am willing to pay if they can get me to the 100% mark. Heck the one I looked at yesterday it would only take one month at 100% to recoup my money. 

I see what you are saying Bronco, my overall goal is not to be 100% its to make sure that everything is service connected that should be in the event I need it to be. You see thats the issue, same as Alex, people assume I am doing it for the money when that is not what it is about. Its about the VA taking responsibility for conditions that were caused during service.  

I was wrong to talk bad about Alex on here. My issues are with him and that is no ones business but mine and his. @Buck52 @Tbird @broncovet @Berta, thank you for the advice you have given me but this forum is not the place for me. I will continue to depend on myself as usual. I may still read some things from here just to educate myself but aside from that I think I am done. 

• HadIt.com Elder

DD_Carter

Please don't leave hadit, if you and asknod have difference then maybe you guys can work them out, there are other members on here you may ''click'' well with and get the help you ask for!

Filing VA Compensation Claims IS about the $$( in my opinion anyway).but also to make sure all veterans are treated with respect in respect to their claim/claims and get what they deserve according to the CFR's...I didn't file my claims just for the fun of it.

The good folks here on Hadit will be glad to help you in any way they can, they take out their personal  time to be on here to help veterans such as yourself  that get lost in the VA Maze ,its up to you...and there help is all free.

you won't find a better and more respected site to help Veterans with their claims.  When  we all have HADIT!

jmo

Thanks Buck, I will still be around just not as involved. asknod did have some valid points. and things that I had not thought about before. There really is no way for me to get 100% P&T. Which makes it basically pointless to try. Other than just to get my NSC's changed to SC. At this point that is my only goal. 100% was never truly my goal anyway it just would have been an added bonus. You never know my NSC respiratory issues could end up being lung cancer down the road, it kills me and then my wife gets nothing. I dont care if they give me 0% at least it will be service connected and that will help my family later on. 

Yes. Please stay!

" You never know my NSC respiratory issues could end up being lung cancer down the road, it kills me and then my wife gets nothing. I dont care if they give me 0% at least it will be service connected and that will help my family later ."

You are 100% CORRECT! I admire vets who think ahead like that.

I have an odd question....Do you know Major Brian Gudmundson ?5938532721659_MajorGudmundson.thumb.jpg.4f080d423b994f3b5389e3684202fe83.jpgI had to edit because I spelled his name wrong   !!!! Yikes!!!!!

He was the toughest professor I ever had.I am crazy about him.

(tactical maneuver warfare student-American Military University 2003-2007)

Honors graduate and their first civilian.

Edited by Berta

"I have an odd question....Do you know Major Brian Gudsmundson?"

I cant say I do.