Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

can someone explain this one to me?

Rate this question

Burg

Question

i have a combined rating of 90% mostly bone and joint issues... i was granted IU last july... i ended up getting a VA loan and buying a house in a warmer climate (i moved from the PA NY border area to a little town between nashville and memphis tennessee) mostly because of my pain and inability to walk in the cold weather. My computer was damaged in the move i just got back into ebenefits yesterday and when i logged in i find that apparently in December my 90% non permanent rating was changed to P&T, i have a letter there for the commissary privileges that says no future exams are scheduled... how can i be IU and P&T? is this a mistake? 

• Founder

@Burg No mistake, IU can be P and T. If your condition is not expected to improve enough to lower the rating, they can award P and T even if you didn't ask for it. If you paid a funding fee for your VA home you may be able to get a refund. https://www.veteransunited.com/valoans/va-funding-fee-refund/

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

The IU isn't P & T, it's your SC's. Some diligent VA Rater, while reviewing your C-File, probably for a possible reduction, realized that your SC's will never improve. Good for YOU, right? You should also see a No Future Exams Scheduled. That is, unless you File a New Secondary Claim.

Semper Fi

• Founder

Wonderful news. Also check out the property tax benefits in TN for P and T disabled veterans http://www.tennessee.gov/veteran/article/property-tax-relief-for-disabled-veterans

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

8 minutes ago, Gastone said:

The IU isn't P & T, it's your SC's. Some diligent VA Rater, while reviewing your C-File, probably for a possible reduction, realized that your SC's will never improve. Good for YOU, right? You should also see a No Future Exams Scheduled. That is, unless you File a New Secondary Claim.

Semper Fi

Fi

yep it says that on the commisary letter "This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations." and under the benefits letter (the one i was trying to print to take to the DMV for my disabled plates) 

Include the information in this row You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities: Yes