Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

commodog

When to file - Form 21-4140

Question

Quick and easy question (one hopes):

Veteran files for TDIU April 1 2015.
TDIU is approved, and award letter is dated June 2016.

What month should the 4140 be filed?

Thanks!

I'd file it this Month  (June 2017) be sure and get ya a sign return receipt...keep in a safe place or with your award letter. 

Once a year  veterans on IU are suppose to submit them  its the  Veteran Responsibility. The VA use to send the 21 4140-1 out every year  but seems they slack up. 

Ad

About 30 to 60 days prior to your yearly IU Award Anniversary Date, you should receive a VA Letter and a copy of the 21-2140. VA Regs require that you complete and file the 2140 within 60 days of your IU Award Date. Failure to File or a Late filing could result in a VA Notice of Intent to Reduce Your IU.

The VA Reg Required the filing of the Yrly 21-2140 stands, regardless of your actually receiving the Yrly Letter & 21-2140 from the VA. Don't take a chance on an IU Reduction back to your CSC Comp Rate or at the very least having to Appeal a Reduction Decision because of the 21-2140 not being filed timely. Send it US Mail Certified Return Receipt.

Semper Fi

I believe once you send the 21-4140-1 in your ok, be sure you sign it & your SS# or Claim #  takes about 10 seconds to fill it out  but once you file it  for the year  your safe   especially when you get the return sign receipt back , that means they recieved it.

so be sure and save the receipt in case they say you never filed it or they never recieved it.

Ok, so if I received my award letter at the end of May this year (2017), then I should file the 4140-1 on May of 2018?
Sorry for the confusion, but I changed the dates initially because I like my ambiguity.

My award letter was sent to me at the very end of May 2017.
It retropaid back to July of 2016.

So if I sent in the 4140-1 next May, I am good to go?

Yes if you get  Award of TDIU 2017   then you need to file the 21-4140-1 Employment Questioner  in 2018...some veterans send it in on or close to their award date  but just as long as you send it in...My Award date is March  So I send mine in sometimes in Jan or Feb or the beginning of the new year.

They check these at random, so just make sure you send yours in each year starting in 2018   if you get the IU Award in 2017.

VA use to send these out but  stopped for some  unknown reason.

So set yourself a reminder on calendar or some place for you to remember it.