VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Finally

Rate this topic

SouthpawVet

While it is true that Veterans are FEDERAL tax exempt, Disabled Veterans have many expenses that "non disabled" people often dont have and this often means disabled Vets live in poverty, and far too many are homeless.  

One example:   I used to fix my own cars, including changing the oil, and mow my own grass.  Now, I have to hire both of these done, plus hire a lot more stuff done.   EVEN THO the reason(s) are (allegedly) "non service connected", I stiill have to pay the help.  You see, even tho I fractured my leg in service, the VA "never bothered" to adjuticate my knee arthritis claim, but instead rated in "non sc" without a RO decision.    The pain in my knees prohibits me from climbing under the car and working on it.  Since the arthritis was not actually addressed "as an issue" in the decision, I cant appeal it.  

Its probably almost "moot" now as I have other appeals about to pop that will likely render the arthritis moot.  If the appeals are unfavorable, I will discuss with my attorney whether or not I will file a writ, to compel the VA to adjuticate my arthritis claims from 2002.  

I found out about the "unadjuticated but denied" arthritis,  when I read the RBA..it was on one of the sheets that VA does not send to Veterans, but is contained in the RBA.  Of course, its a procedural error for Va to "deny" and not render a decision.  38 CFR 3.103 is supposed to guarntee a Veteran will get a "written" decision on claims.  

BUCK...

A single Veteran without dependents at 100% gets $2915.55 or $34,986 per year, just under 35k, as I mentioned. 

http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/resources_comp01.asp

I think the number of 100 percent disabled Vets is closer to 239,000 than the 300,000 number I used, rounding it up.  

No 100% Statutory or IU Vet could ever be considered as living in poverty. I guesstimate you'd have to earn about $50K a yr to clear (Net) the $36K.  SMC K, S (1), Property Tax Exemption, Lic Plate exemption could add another $10K+.

Take into consideration the cost of working a full-time job (VA or Private), not limited to just transportation, clothes, and food. Think about the Grief and Aggravation.

Semper Fi

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use