VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got decision letter with no explanation

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Got my PTSD decision letter in the mail today, date stamped on letter, June 26th! Envelope metered on July 10, WTF!?!!!? I got the letter about the life insurance on July 3rd...but the rating letter wasn't even mailed out till the 10th!!!

There was no explanation or reasons and basis included!!!! WTF!!!!! Even though it clearly states that the explanation was included !!! 

I can't even think straight!!!  I'm out!!! 

10 minutes ago, Andyman73 said:

Got my PTSD decision letter in the mail today, date stamped on letter, June 26th! Envelope metered on July 10, WTF!?!!!? I got the letter about the life insurance on July 3rd...but the rating letter wasn't even mailed out till the 10th!!!

There was no explanation or reasons and basis included!!!! WTF!!!!! Even though it clearly states that the explanation was included !!! 

I can't even think straight!!!  I'm out!!! 

I applied for MST PTSD and I didn't even get an award letter. My VSO emailed me a copy. 

Edited by kent101

50 minutes ago, Andyman73 said:

But you did get SC'd for it right? 

My issue is they totally ignored the suicide ideation and granted me only 50%. Been in therapy at my VAMC for 2 years, he knows about the ideation and 7 attempts. 

The examiner asked me and I told him, so he knew then, too. And when he asked how I felt at the end of the exam, I told him I wanted to jump through his 3 floor office plate glass window! 

Why to the RO screw with us so much!?!?!

I was SC for PTSD MST. Your award letter didn't have idealation on it? Idealation only grants 50%. If you've been hospitalized for it I think you can get 100%. Maybe you should appeal for higher %? Sorry to hear you didn't get treated fairly. Militarydisabilitymadeeasy.Com may give you some insight why they did that.

Edited by kent101