VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I was hoping the process wasn't going to take 7 months just to get to the appeal stage for a hearing... but now I have all the evidence needed to hand in to my attorney to show why they didn't me was incorrect. Their first reason is I am in a sound mind to make my own choices. My doctors would agrue I'm a liability to others and myself. I just laughed I just need to be heard  by a judge. Now that I'm Permanently and totally disabled does that get me a hearing sooner then the one year wait?? 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

What's the date of your BVA Docket?  You are talking about a BVA Hearing, not a DRO Hearing?

BVA Hearings are "First come - First served" unless you or your Attorney has filed for a Docket Advancement based on either Homelessness, Bankruptcy or imminent Death.

Your "sooner than the (1) year wait" for a BVA Hearing seems somewhat misguided, especially with regards to your statement regarding the "New & Material Evidence" submission. The N & M Evidence you "recently" submitted will require an RO Review and SSOC at the very least.

Check the BVA Decisions for 2017 & 16, how many Decisions have Docket Numbers starting with 16 or 17?

Semper Fi

Sorry posted in wrong spot I was referring to SSDI can anyone repost it there or do I delete and repost?

Guest ScareCrow
On 7/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, jfrei said:

I was hoping the process wasn't going to take 7 months just to get to the appeal stage for a hearing... but now I have all the evidence needed to hand in to my attorney to show why they didn't me was incorrect. Their first reason is I am in a sound mind to make my own choices. My doctors would agrue I'm a liability to others and myself. I just laughed I just need to be heard  by a judge. Now that I'm Permanently and totally disabled does that get me a hearing sooner then the one year wait?? 

My advice is that I cant say it enough to you on SSDI Claims is GET a Competent SSDI Lawyer there is also a website that rates the SSDI law judges on how many claims they approve and deny, it really makes a difference.

Here is the link to the ODAR https://www.disabilityjudges.com/ Just select your State and reference the different judges available and go from there, also let your lawyer know that you are trying to get a fair judge, they usually know the judges as well, who is fair and who is a krunk.

Make sure that your claim(s) are well grounded, unlike the VA you can use all disabilities service connected and non-service connected for your claim.

What you can do after you get a lawyer is to have them file the SSDI claim and see what lawyer you get, then check the roster and see if they are hard nosed or are fair.

And if you get a hard nosed SSDI Judge then a few days before the appointment tell your lawyer that you cant make that appointment and cancel then SSDI will most likely schedule you with a different SSDI law judge and hopefully you will get a good one that is fair.....

Thats what I did and won, because I finally got a fair judge, the previous one was a close relative of Adolph Hitler.....No not really but could have been lol.

The key word is a fair SSDI judge, judges have NO business playing tyrant on a disabled person and it really pisses me off when I hear about it.

Also, its fairly common to get denied once or twice, but do NOT give up, that part is like the VA, keep going, claim gets denied, appeal, if the appeal gets denied the start a new claim.

Hope that helps

Edited by ScareCrow

9 hours ago, Guest ScareCrow said:

My advice is that I cant say it enough to you on SSDI Claims is GET a Competent SSDI Lawyer there is also a website that rates the SSDI law judges on how many claims they approve and deny, it really makes a difference.

Here is the link to the ODAR https://www.disabilityjudges.com/ Just select your State and reference the different judges available and go from there, also let your lawyer know that you are trying to get a fair judge, they usually know the judges as well, who is fair and who is a krunk.

Make sure that your claim(s) are well grounded, unlike the VA you can use all disabilities service connected and non-service connected for your claim.

What you can do after you get a lawyer is to have them file the SSDI claim and see what lawyer you get, then check the roster and see if they are hard nosed or are fair.

And if you get a hard nosed SSDI Judge then a few days before the appointment tell your lawyer that you cant make that appointment and cancel then SSDI will most likely schedule you with a different SSDI law judge and hopefully you will get a good one that is fair.....

Thats what I did and won, because I finally got a fair judge, the previous one was a close relative of Adolph Hitler.....No not really but could have been lol.

The key word is a fair SSDI judge, judges have NO business playing tyrant on a disabled person and it really pisses me off when I hear about it.

Also, its fairly common to get denied once or twice, but do NOT give up, that part is like the VA, keep going, claim gets denied, appeal, if the appeal gets denied the start a new claim.

Hope that helps

Now that I'm Permanent and Total rated by the VA will that knock any of the wait time for a hearing?