VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crossfit702.....I couldnt agree with you more on the mst and various other things.

I feel you and a HUGE congrats!!!!!

Though I cant see each individual mst or ptsd to know what is or is not valid (nor am I a paid professional to even understand these types of claims) I do know it really sucks when you walk funny or your back hurts 24/7 or your deaf or unable to walk and you are less than 100% and you have a friend who "seems" physically fine and parties at night clubs collecting 100% due to an invisable disibility.

It seems unfair sometimes but then again I have no idea of what that veteran is going through mentally.

At the end of the day you are 90% and that in itsself is a big accomplishment.

• Founder

I am so glad you prevailed in your claim and yes, just because other people are getting screwed worse does not mean you aren't getting screwed to. I hear and feel your frustrations, hell I started HadIt.com out of my frustration and need to make it easier for my brothers and sisters coming behind me. I do take exception with your comments about the MST claims. First, I would like to say it hurts all men and women who have suffered sexual assault when anyone makes false claims. However, I can say for sure you do not know what the individual went through, these types of assaults are rarely witnessed by anyone. The brutality and theft of personal security is something that for many they can never get back. No matter how many benefits they get, the fight to get those benefits to constantly tell the story sometimes in excruciating detail over and over again for compensation is a humiliation that leaves its own mark.

Please don't put all MST folks in the same boat. It does a disservice to your brother and sisters who have suffered this trauma.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your increase to 90 percent.  I have one question though, how long did you have to wait for retroactive pay to kick in after finding out your new rating?  Mine just closed this Friday and I went from 70 to 80 percent.  I know I have back pay coming to me but curious if I will have to wait till the end of the month when I get my regular pay.

@bigfernpsa2002, mine closed on a Friday and my retro was in my account that Tuesday!

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2017 at 5:39 AM, broncovet said:

Congrats on your win!!!    It is awesome you  hanging in there.  Exceptionally challenging is winning your benefits while homeless.  I mean, like, what do you give VA for an address:

Ima Veteran

3 shopping cart, from left, under VAMC bridge (or somewhere else if I get kicked outa here)

Any town USA.

I wonder if the mailman would know how to deliver your REQUIRED SOC TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS.  

And, Im sure you can just bring your laptop with you and get online under the bridge to check your ebenefits account, right?  Of course, you wont be able to get online, and you wont be able to charge your laptop, becuase you have no electricity.  That is, before your laptop is stolen by someone else homeless.  

Obviously VA's " homeless program" was a big help to you...they delay your claim until you are homeless IS the program.    

You are an inspiration to others...I wish I had your name for the next time I see a homeless Vet with a sign on the street.  

As a  former rescue swimmer, I have never had much of a problem walking around as if I was god's gift to the world, and admitting what I'm about to admit is no easy task for someone like me... I am honestly grateful for your kind words because in 29 years of being alive this situation with the VA put me in a very dark place psychologically feeling a sort of desperation that I honestly do not think there are words for in the English language...

Even before the military I had seen some crazy things as a child being born in a communist dictatorship like Cuba, and having to flee that awful place with my family in a raft only to be held in refugee camps in Guantanamo in refugee camps for over 2 years before being able to come to this heavenly place we call the United States of America (no sarcasm in this statement by the way I'm 100% serious). However, in life like during a rescue at sea, your ultimate threat is that one thing, scenario, or person you least expected to be your ultimate demise... This is a lesson taught to all Rescue Swimmer School candidates regardless of whether you make it or not this will stay with you, but you never actually think nor want to be the lucky one who goes on to a experience the intense desperation and darkness of such a situation that regardless of how much it was emphasized during training is NOTHING compared to the actual experience...

By the way the internet or use of computers was actually not a problem at all fortunately because I was still in college then so people just thought I was a "really dedicated student" lol. Keeping the smell of not showering for days, and trying not to gross out a pretty girl in class due to lack of hygiene is another story far worst then having access to the internet and a computer lol...

On 7/28/2017 at 11:33 AM, Navy04 said:

Glad  to c you are back on the site, and you got an increase bud. As far as your conditions go, I only got 10% for my knees, even though I had 2 surgeries on right and just waiting to get older to have both replaced. As far as the GERD, I have severe Crohns disease, yet I only rated 30%, about to have shoulder surgery, only 30%, about to have back surgery as well, only 30%. PTSD at 70%, even though served in both OIF/OEF, multiple injuries there, Military put me in Mental hospital for 100 days, yet again on 70%. Sorry for the rambling, what I am trying to say is the VA will always low ball all of us. Vets think that it is so easy to get to 100% SC, as you can tell from my Signature I have alot of high %s and health issues, and it still took alot to get 100% VA. Good luck, and GOd Bless, and hope now you got you a good place to live. 

It's not rambling when it's serious stuff like this... I'm honestly shocked at how they simply just disregard situations like this. However, about 2-3 chicks I had the unfortunate luck of serving with got 100% due to some alleged sexual assault story which if true would be among the most ironic events in military history. Anyone who knew them would instantly agree with me on the following: "Last I checked, they were the ones doing the sexual assaulting and doing it by the dozens!" Yet, god forbid someone with your serious health conditions get a 100% rating before such outstanding members of our armed services as them. Situations like this baffle me in ways I can't even begin to describe... 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use