VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO from Dr. Anaise for PTSD

Rate this question

JWMN89

Question

I did obtain an IMO from Dr. David Anaise for my claim although I'm not sure now it was necessary with the other letter I had from my doctor and the C&P results. I will say though it was well written, eight pages reviewing existing records (with heavy quotations) and an opinion of "more likely than not".  While Dr. Anaise is not a psychiatrist I took a chance on him as he's close to where I lived and I've read good results from his clients.  I will hang onto the letter and they offered to update it at a later date if needed.   The only thing I'd add is more rationale although he did reference and quote the C&P rationale in his opine comments.

The letter format was an introduction with my statement, a review of certain parts of my other reports with opinions and references, some legal rationale and the opinion.  The letter did mention some case law which I think is representative of the fact Dr. Anaise is also an attorney.  Speaking of him being an attorney in fact when I spoke to him and another doctor in his practice they mentioned to me they would hurry my letter to me because he was going to Washington to testify at the court of veterans affairs this week. 

The cost was $1500 (flat fee) and delivery of the letter took about eight days total.  They sent me a draft to approve and a day later sent the final eight page letter with attachment exhibits and a cv for my use.  The total "package" sent to me for the IMO was 44 pages mostly made up of exhibits (my other reports).   Overall I would give the letter a solid "A" grade. 

JW

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

JWMN89

Don't worry so much as to the cost of your IMO, what is 1500 bucks up against a life time the financial  benefits you so badly earned. 

It's Always good to have Medical Documentation in your  Medical records they could come in handy on down the road or even years years later.

• HadIt.com Elder

If it is basically a sure thing then spending $1500 for an IMO is not so expensive unless you are broke.   I know I can buy an IMO for sleep apnea for around $2000 which would make me 100%,  but because I am TDIU P&T for the last 16 years I don't think it is worth it.   Our friend, Alex,  says that even if you get to 100% with multiple claims you are still not really 100% scheduler.   I am wondering if you are TDIU for 20 years does that mean your TDIU rating is really unsinkable even if VA changed the law?

It sounds like a hell of a good deal! My only question now is how the VA views a non-psychiatrist M.D.'s opinion on mental health issues? Good luck and keep us posted if you have an opportunity.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use