Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

vetquest

Second Remand

Question

My case has been remanded for a second time by the BVA and I was wondering if there is any timeframe for the Nashville office to start working on the remand?  One of the "orders" was for back pay back to 2007 and the money would help out a lot right now.

Edited by vetquest

4 answers to this question

Remands are always supposed to get 'expeditious' treatment by the ROs but that is just an undefined part of VA lingo.

I assume you mean that the BVA granted you an earlier effective date...?

Ad

Are you now Rated as IU and did you receive the estimated $21K, less Attorney fee, that you discussed in your July post?

Not all BVA or CAVC Remands have a positive outcome. Remands, either BVA or CAVC, generally receive Priority and are handled by a Sr Rater or DRO. 

Our concept of Priority Processing and that of the RO Rating Dept's is usually very different. I'm not sure but I don't recall a "REMAND" Section listed in the RO MMR (Monday Morning Report). Unless your BVA Appeal included a "Hardship Advancement," I'd say your Remand would be positioned at the bottom of your RO's Remand Pile, awaiting its progression to the top of the pile. First come, First served.

If possible, a posting of your redacted Remand would be very informative.

Semper Fi

Gastone, my appeal can be seen on the BVA decisions page now.  It is Citation number 1724920, and docket number 10-13 906A.  I have not received any back pay to date, I am waiting on the regional office to take care of that. The decision was positive in my favor for service connection and back pay.  The remand, the second one on this case, tells the regional office they were not in compliance with the 2013 remand.  I was hoping that this time around it would not take three years for them to get it done.

Thanks for the info, will give it a read.

Semper Fi