VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

cp exam said i cant handle money

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I just got a copy and they said no becaues my memory and if i'm in a manic state.. they never said that before any doctor and i have no problems paying my bills.. are they going try put someone who probably cant manage money in charge of my money.. please help a bit worried

If you requested A&A, and are single, that would cause this issue to come up. I helped a Vietnam Vet 2 years ago that his wife died, and had no kids. Due to his Mental conditions the VA stated he needed financial help as well, even though he was very successful, owned everything, and had close to a million dollars in his savings and 401k. He was very close to his sister, so we sent a letter to the VA requesting that his sister be his financial rep. I talked to him a few months ago, and everything was still going good. This issue is not the end of the world. I always tell Vets when they go in to the Mental C&Ps to watch what they say, or to keep from overdoing it, as most of the time this is when I see the VA will throw up the Red Flag. Decide what is best for you, but I have seen where the Vet stated he did not need financial help, and the VA came back and reduced or took away the Mental Rating due to a Contradiction in the filed claim compared to the Exam Doc opinion. Always a side effect out there when rocking the boat, good or bad. Good luck and wish you the best. God Bless

I am very much aware and i am always very firm about this. there was no reason and first time ever.. he says its possible because i'm diagnosed bipolar and do have some memory issues.. but i told him straight out I will see what happens.. I have one younger brother but he is horrible with money.. my parents i trust but they are old.. I'm going to fight this, I dont have anyone that close to me that i want in charge of my money.. 

thank you berta for chiming in ive read alot of you're post in the past.

Have you received notification from the VA of a Fiduciary Appointment?

There is the possibility that you Actually do need a Fiduciary, but you have some options, you aren't necessarily locked into a "For Fee" Fiduciary. A trusted friend or family member that meets the Background and Financial check could be appointed by the VA.

Once the VA notifies your Bank/Credit Union of the Fid. Appointment, you won't have direct personal access to your account. You should be set up for a VA Fiduciary In-home Social Worker interview in the very near future. Be Prepared.

I wouldn't be sitting with a Large $$ balance in my Direct Deposit Comp account waiting for the VA Lock-Down to hit.

yeah there is a possibility you need one too .. no i'm perfectly fine could you please send a link to back up that the va can seize a bank account. as far as i know they set up a fidicuary and its policy the fidicuary sets up a seperate account for you.. Plus the claim has not been closed still in review as i stated earlier.. I am just preparing for the worse, i am well read and know about the horror of the fiduciary.. I also know that over 50 percent of americans live pay check to pay check why isnt someone handling their money..lol

You have been given some good advice.  The Problem is your exam where the doc stated you were manic and not able to handle finances.  You refute adversarial medical evidence with favorable medical evidence.  You can scream very loud, but the VA always accepts the doctor over you as you are not "competent" to opine in medical matters as you dont have an MD.  

You will need an IMO to refute this.  Or, as Gastone says, get that big chunk of money out of the bank.  Personally, I use bitcoin which has "no central bank" and it can not be confiscated from your account like your bank can.  Oh, there is another advantage of bitcoin...I earn a huge " interest" rate on savings.  bank.savings pays mostly less than 1 percent, so why keep it in a bank anyway.   

I dont trust the rest of government any more than I do the VA, so my bitcoin is protected by 128 bit encryption and each transaction is verified by dozens of computers around the world, not by "central banks" of the US government who owes 20 trillion dollars.  How can the VA complain about how you manage your money..look how much VA squanders??????