Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bilateral ratings

Rate this question

conla

Question

Can bilateral ratings be combined to qualify for the 100% TDIU requirements? I have 80% disability overall rating but my highest single rating is 30%. I have a bilateral rating that is 20% left hand, 20% right hand, 20% left foot and 20% right foot for Peripheral Neuropathy. I was told by Hill & Ponton that the bilateral ratings could be combined to get to the required single rating. Does anyone know if this true or not?

IHD 30%SC

DMII/ED 20%SC SMC for ED

Tinnitis 10%SC

Hemorroids0%SC

Bilateral Hearing Loss0%SC

Buck52, Thanks for the good advise. I am beginning to think it is not worth the hassle when TDIU will be unavailable to those over 65 if the federal budget is signed this year. The reason I was considering an attorney was to get TDIU. Again thanks very much for your input.

IHD 30%SC

DMII/ED 20%SC SMC for ED

Tinnitis 10%SC

Hemorroids0%SC

22 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Yes its true Hill & Ponton are very respected veterans attorneys.

and also after they are combined they  take the severity of the condition or conditions and rate by that.

If you have a 20% and they add all the others  in your case 80%

between 1-10 If the combined ratings are under 04  then it goes back to the lower rating and if 05 they go to round off to the next higher #

if any of these condition keep you from working? apply for the IU & SSDI

Also if any of these S.C. Conditions you have been S.C. For  Do any of them cause you '' Loss of Use'' they factor that in while applying for IU.

You may have a chance at SMC S House Bound  which pays an additional 300.00 monthy on top of the 100%  plus certain higher amounts for dependents  spouse children & even parents living with you.

Always add in your 0% S.C. Too  if you get three or more 0% S.C. Conditions that will give you a  extra 10% 

File a FDC Claim today!!   sooner the better.

I can't find anything that mentions(Always add in your 0% S.C. Too  if you get three or more 0% S.C. Conditions that will give you a  extra 10%). Is it possible for you to give the link. I have three rated 0% SC disabilities. But they didn't give me an extra 10%.

IHD 30%SC

DMII/ED 20%SC SMC for ED

Tinnitis 10%SC

Hemorroids0%SC

• HadIt.com Elder

conla

I stand corrected on this  I was wrong

Always add in your 0% S.C. Too  if you get three or more 0% S.C. Conditions that will give you a  extra 10% 

If your getting compensation the 0% multi Added ones to receive a 10% rated  do not apply to you.

I believe This is for veterans that have multi 0% S.C. Ratings and not getting any compensation  as I under stand it. (Sorry)

It maybe more than 3 -0 SC%  but I think if you have 3 or more they will give you 10% S.C. For veterans that are not receiving compensation.

The CFR's is not going to quote me word for word  they will mention it a different way but my meaning is the same.

I will find that Regulation and  come back here  and put it on here for ya.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

conla

Service-connected

3.324 Service-connected means, with respect to disability or death, that such disability was incurred or aggravated, or that the death resulted from a disability incurred or aggravated, in line of duty in the active military, naval, or air service.

Source

38 CFR § 3.1

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is not taking away TDIU for those over 65.  For PN they treat each limb as a separate disability since I also have it. 

19 hours ago, john999 said:

The VA is not taking away TDIU for those over 65.  For PN they treat each limb as a separate disability since I also have it. 

john999, It is not the VA  that is taking away TDIU. If the new Federal Budget is passed as is then funding for those over 65 with TDIU awards will be discontinued. If the Budget discontinues the funding for those over 65 with TDIU rating awards then the VA will have no choice but to discontinue TDIU for those over 65. Most people are not aware of what is in the new Federal Budget but should be and do a little research.

IHD 30%SC

DMII/ED 20%SC SMC for ED

Tinnitis 10%SC

Hemorroids0%SC