• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Question

I am at 70% and have depression as one of my claims. I wanted to file for IU due to not able to hold employment due to depression as well as IBS. Do I do this on E Benefits?

On 1/11/2018 at 8:35 PM, LanceJoseph said:

Thanks Gastone, I plan to continue with my Voc Rehab and continue my medical appointments and try and better myself in any way possible, As for extra income I have read the regulations over and over and I was surprised to find the 12 month rule. Any extra income for myself would come from rental properties, this allows me to keep my distance from any drama because I can hire a property management company. I've only received my BVA award letter on DEC 1st so I don't know specifics of when this will take effect but was told they are EEDing it to Jan 2011 and also I was awarded SMC (s). So just waiting for the RO 

Sorry I hijacked the post Ddsr.

I'll chime in here, too. Being stuck at 90% for a while and having trouble with even doing my desk job at the VA due to a cervcal spine issue, I resigned last April. I had already applied for several increases last year; I'm one of those 40% here, 30, 10, 20 etc. guys.  Had a number of C&P exams (all favorable) and then got two letters recently:

The first letter said that my shoulder (already stated svc connected by the C&P examiner in my record last summer) was now being punted back to an appeal I filed in 2015 for the same thing. That appeal looked like it was going nowhere so that's why I put it on the newer claim again.

The second letter said something about the VA checking my file with Social Security. Curious, I looked at EBenefits again and now it says that they added IU to the claim "by reference" or something like that. I never asked for IU, but in one of my statements I believe I mentioned that I left my VA clerk job because of constant pain in my neck and head. I guess that's where the IU thing came from.

It is confusing, being eval'd for IU when I never asked for it, and like was mentioned by someone, here I'm trying to earn some income in real estate since physically I can't do manual work or a desk job these days. I guess as long as the income is "passive" I'll be ok? So far I haven't made a penny but that will change.

To date I haven't applied for SSDI. Waiting to see what the VA says. Good luck to all.

Ad

Jimbo, I do think that TDIU can be granted if there is sufficient evidence even without asking for it. In my case I was even granted SMC (s) due to my IMO and C&P's mentioning issues with employment and symptoms akin to agoraphobia. Like i stated before this is all hear say for me at the moment, the EED and the SMC (s) info was given to me over the 1-800 number and a VSO so I still take it all with a grain of salt but honestly adds more anxiety to the situation, best to never get my hopes up. I am also one of the multiple 10%, 20%  ratings guys and to be honest im ok with being at 90%. Most call me crazy to hope to get better and to one day go back to work but I am much too young to sit back and relax.  In your situation I'd simply like to say Congrats.  Also I plan to still be very careful with the amount of property income I make,  I'd rather not poke the bear if it can be helped.

2 minutes ago, LanceJoseph said:

Jimbo, I do think that TDIU can be granted if there is sufficient evidence even without asking for it. In my case I was even granted SMC (s) due to my IMO and C&P's mentioning issues with employment and symptoms akin to agoraphobia. Like i stated before this is all hear say for me at the moment, the EED and the SMC (s) info was given to me over the 1-800 number and a VSO so I still take it all with a grain of salt but honestly adds more anxiety to the situation, best to never get my hopes up. I am also one of the multiple 10%, 20%  ratings guys and to be honest im ok with being at 90%. Most call me crazy to hope to get better and to one day go back to work but I am much too young to sit back and relax.  In your situation I'd simply like to say Congrats.  Also I plan to still be very careful with the amount of property income I make,  I'd rather not poke the bear if it can be helped.

Yeah, me too. I'm 60 years old and don't want to screw things up. I did get SMC for ED and never asked for it. I guess that was just as a result of telling my VA doc that my back, neck, etc. made it difficult to take care of my husbandly duties, in so many words. I am just trying to get to 100% and that would ease the money crunch a lot!

Again, good luck to you.

Thanks Jimbo, will do! Hope you receive good new quick regarding your IU, and also that its P&T! Good luck and stay positive!

On 12/23/2017 at 3:47 AM, Buck52 said:

yes you can file  via e benefits

Be sure to file it as a ITF (Intent to file) claim and if you have all your medical evidence and  can prove your service connection and any other favorable evidence=  file the claim as FDC (FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM)

Edited by Ddsr