VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I am at 70% and have depression as one of my claims. I wanted to file for IU due to not able to hold employment due to depression as well as IBS. Do I do this on E Benefits?

• HadIt.com Elder

yes you can file  via e benefits

Be sure to file it as a ITF (Intent to file) claim and if you have all your medical evidence and  can prove your service connection and any other favorable evidence=  file the claim as FDC (FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM)

Thank You Buck i do think it would be best to go to my VSO and have him help complete the claim

• HadIt.com Elder

your choice!

I prefer to file on e benefits  it's a lot faster, just make sure your VSO submits all your evidence and keep copy's of everything he/she sends. 

Also be good to file the INT (INTENT TO FILE)

Keep in Close Contact with your VSO.

Buck true I might just do it myself on ebenefits. Many say to first file for SSI through state then do IU so there are many routes I am just trying to choose the best route. I do think it is faster through E-Benifits

Buck's on the money, start the IU Claim TODAY on your E-Ben site, to establish a FILE DATE. If you're in doubt as to Evidence for an FDC Filing, just hold off on hitting the Submit Button. You have 12 months to hit the BUTTON.

Strike the ABOVE about starting the IU Claim Today, instead Apply for VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling on your E-Ben Today and hit the SUBMIT Button. You should get an appointment in about 3 weeks.

If you are truly Individually Unemployable due solely to your SC Conditions, a VRC's Denial of VR Services letter would Seal the Deal on an IU Award.

After Filing the Voc Rehab Claim, you can go back in to your E-Ben Tuesday and start the IU Secondary to your MH SC. Just don't hit the Submit Button yet. Your IU Retro File date will be locked in.

GA stone I am confused as to what exactly you are saying. Im not sure exactly what to do and what stepts to follow on E-Benefits. VA Voc Rehab counseling is new to me. So far I have understood to file IU Claim on ebenefits but to not submit that just yet. I am also told to file for state SSI. Lots to think about just want to make sure I do what is the best and to do it right.