• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Ddsr

IU

Question

I am at 70% and have depression as one of my claims. I wanted to file for IU due to not able to hold employment due to depression as well as IBS. Do I do this on E Benefits?

yes you can file  via e benefits

Be sure to file it as a ITF (Intent to file) claim and if you have all your medical evidence and  can prove your service connection and any other favorable evidence=  file the claim as FDC (FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM)

Thank You Buck i do think it would be best to go to my VSO and have him help complete the claim

your choice!

I prefer to file on e benefits  it's a lot faster, just make sure your VSO submits all your evidence and keep copy's of everything he/she sends. 

Also be good to file the INT (INTENT TO FILE)

Keep in Close Contact with your VSO.

Buck true I might just do it myself on ebenefits. Many say to first file for SSI through state then do IU so there are many routes I am just trying to choose the best route. I do think it is faster through E-Benifits

Buck's on the money, start the IU Claim TODAY on your E-Ben site, to establish a FILE DATE. If you're in doubt as to Evidence for an FDC Filing, just hold off on hitting the Submit Button. You have 12 months to hit the BUTTON.

Strike the ABOVE about starting the IU Claim Today, instead Apply for VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling on your E-Ben Today and hit the SUBMIT Button. You should get an appointment in about 3 weeks.

If you are truly Individually Unemployable due solely to your SC Conditions, a VRC's Denial of VR Services letter would Seal the Deal on an IU Award.

After Filing the Voc Rehab Claim, you can go back in to your E-Ben Tuesday and start the IU Secondary to your MH SC. Just don't hit the Submit Button yet. Your IU Retro File date will be locked in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Hello Defenders of freedom!

I have a question pertaining to this denial for headaches. The decision letter is quoted below. 

3. Service connection for headaches.

"We may grant service connection for a disability which began in military service or was caused by some event or experience in service.

Your STRs are negative for any treatment of or diagnosis of headaches. On your post-deployment exam in 2005 you denied any headaches. On separation, you denied any headaches. VA treatment records are negative for any treatment of or diagnosis of headaches. On VA exam, the examiner stated there was no evidence of any residuals of a traumatic brain injury.

We have denied service connection for headaches because the evidence of record fails to show this disability was incurred in or caused by military service."

From my understanding these 3 points must be overturned to successfully win a CUE case:

(1) either the correct facts, as they were known at the time, were not before the adjudicator or the statutory or regulatory provisions in existence at that time were incorrectly applied; 

(2) the error must be undebatable and of the sort which, had it not been made, would have manifestly changed the outcome at the time of the prior determination

and (3) a determination that there was CUE must be based on the record and law that existed at the time of the prior adjudication in question.  

@Berta, or veterans out here who have knowledge/experience, tell me what facts you think would be needed to prove this denial for headaches was an error? 
      • 11 replies
    • In 2014 I put in a claim request for A&A due to housebound and secondary seizures to PTSD.    I request a legacy appeal to move to RAMP and now am in A Higher Level of Review.   It was in the Decision Review Stage in March 2019. It now is back to Gathering evidence.  I had requested  Feb 2019 for the VA to make a determination of the appeal based on all evidence currently in the case fine. It is now end of July 2019.  I just saw the estimated completion date of May 20, 2020 changed to August 2020.  The Modernnization/RAMP said that it would take approximately 120 days  Its now been 5 years since I submitted my claim and part  of that has been in appeal for close to four years.  How can I even tell if my appeal is being worked.  I am 65 years old and know I may have to send my appeal onto BVA, I may be dead before a conclusion is made.  I am also single so have no dependents that could receive back pay.  Is the VA playing me?  I have no representation or VSO
    • My claim went back to gathering of evidence after I had my second c&p exam for tbi initial. My vso the Dav said it was a dbq to differentiate the symptoms of tbi and PTSD as far as social and occupational impairment. I recieved at least as likely as not on all exams, PTSD, both tbi exams. Has anyone experienced this or know what it means? Is this a good sign my claim will be granted ? Thank you.
      • 21 replies
    • VA Claims requires a lot of note taking - What  I use for note taking
      Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.
      • 2 replies
    • Do I have to quit my job?
      Hello everyone. See Below for what I received from VA

A little about me currently. I have a job that is very low stress (work nights no people no stress) very secure because I work in a mountain so im surrounded by granite. I work on computers so it engages my mind and keeps me as active as possible and is my passion. So my question is do I have to quit my job? Thanks!

June 23, 1999 June 30, 2019

VA Benefit InformationSummary of benefit informationYou have one or more service-connected disabilities:Yes         Your combined service-connected evaluation is:100%               You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:Yes           The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:July 01, 2019

major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS

100%

Service Connected

SMC-S1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

SMC-K1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

Thanks all!

• 61 replies
  • Ads

• Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines