Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans appeals and RAMP (Rapid Appeals Modernization Program)

Rate this question

Martell

Question

Hello. I have had a claim in process for the last 2 years under the current "Legacy" appeals process, I submitted VA Form 9 and additional evidence, now waiting for a BVA hearing.

I recently received a letter from the VA informing me of the "RAMP" program. The letter included a form titled "RAMP OPT-IN ELECTION" offering invitation to participate in this new program which it claims that by choosing to participate in it (and leaving the current Legacy program) it may lead to an earlier resolution of my claim and/or appeal and may help avoid delays being experienced in the current claims process. I have many concerns in opting out of the current claims process, will opting into RAMP which is a new claims program more than likely untested create more issues and confusion and further interfere with my current claim in the books. Apparently as it says in the form, if one decides to opt in into the RAMP program you cannot go back to the current "Legacy" program. Just wondering what opinions anyone has about this new program. Any forum members receive the new program offer?, did any forum member opt for the RAMP program?. Just trying to obtain opinions, pretty hard to make a decision, the new process may complicate and create disarray with claims that are currently in process. Opinions regarding this important topic are appreciated.       

• HadIt.com Elder

That could be a long wait Victor?

if your   67 68-69 70--71-72 your limited with your time  like the rest of us Old Vietnam Dogs.

I want to hear you say'' I am coming home Mama and were taking a nice relaxing trip to (whatever you guys dreams of) that you were final adjudicated to what you deserve.and happy with the decision.

I hope this happens soon for ya Buddy.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Me too Buck. I’m not waiting long either and shouldn’t be waiting now, and wouldn’t be if I had not been deceived in 1971. It was dirty on the VAs part, but now that it’s in front of the judge I will give them a bit and think it is moving. No, I don’t have the years to wait, and supposedly advanced, so I am going to call Washington to see if I can get some information on it. 

I really think something may be done soon, or it won’t. If it’s not, I will go public and have a law firm, or several of them, help me out, along with the press. I am anxious to see what the VA considers honest, and soon too.

Well, it's been a few months since I posted the "Veterans Appeal and RAMP" question, thanks for the opinions posted as to whether leave my claim in the "Legacy" system or switch to the new RAMP system. I had a lengthy conversations about the subject with my VSO; after reviewing the status of my claim VSO's advised was not to switch to RAMP, my claim has been in the books for several years, it has made good strides in the "Legacy" system and we're getting close to the BVA hearing I requested, he felt the risk in going with RAMP was rather high in his opinion and the administration is not providing answers, the system is new and unproven successful. He said there are still too many unknowns with RAMP and was concerned with errors, mishandling of file, displacement and loss of evidentiary documents resulting in further delays and adverse issues that often occur. We are very familiar with the often "evidence missing" excuse to further delay or deny one's claim . VSO officer was adamant (in my case) in not switching my file to RAMP.

Regardless, the newer claims being submitted by our young men and women will automatically be processed in RAMP, apparently there will be no choice in the matter since "Legacy" will eventually be terminated. So no RAMP for me, I do hope for success to those that opted to go with RAMP. Let us know whether or not the system does speed up or perhaps delay your claim process. If you have a Veterans Premier Account go to VA Vets.org, in the web site you can see the status of your claim. Good luck all in whatever path you choose. Thanks all and keep posting on the (RAMP) subject. I will post Thanks all.

Martell.

Well, it's been a few months since I posted the "Veterans Appeal and RAMP" question, thanks for the opinions posted as to whether leave my claim in the "Legacy" system or switch to the new RAMP system. I had a lengthy conversations about the subject with my VSO; after reviewing the status of my claim VSO's advised was not to switch to RAMP, my claim has been in the books for several years, it has made good strides in the "Legacy" system and we're getting close to the BVA hearing I requested, he felt the risk in going with RAMP was rather high in his opinion and the administration is not providing answers, the system is new and unproven successful. He said there are still too many unknowns with RAMP and was concerned with errors, mishandling of file, displacement and loss of evidentiary documents resulting in further delays and adverse issues that often occur. We are very familiar with the often "evidence missing" excuse to further delay or deny one's claim . VSO officer was adamant (in my case) in not switching my file to RAMP.

Regardless, the newer claims being submitted by our young men and women will automatically be processed in RAMP, apparently there will be no choice in the matter since "Legacy" will eventually be terminated. So no RAMP for me, I do hope for success to those that opted to go with RAMP. Let us know whether or not the system does speed up or perhaps delay your claim process. If you have a Veterans Premier Account go to VA Vets.org, in the web site you can see the status of your claim. Good luck all in whatever path you choose. Thanks all and keep posting on the (RAMP) subject. I will post Thanks all.

Martell.

Edited by Martell
duplicate post

Martell,

i believe the RAMP is good for new or recently filed claims, but no everyone is eligible. I take it you must have a certified appeal on the docket before the BVA to qualify. I just got there and it’s taken four years. Also, you can not submit new evidence and you can’t go back. You keeping your effective is a shady statement at best. What effective date? It sounds like you keep that one you filed 7 years ago or what ever, but i’ll Bet you anything that that effective date is the new one you get for signing up for the RAMP Process, not the one you had for years. 

Thats my take on it and the call center don’t even know the facts. NO WAY, would I agree because I was lied to 47 years ago, deceived all that time, so distrust is ingrained in my blood and damaged brain. I would rather die and my kids pick up where I leave off, and each one file a suit, for each condition, in separate cases, and include hundreds of others in a class action suit.  I’m hoping I am close, but I won’t wait years. Lawyers can work it out together and make an offer or go to trial. Thanks for the reply.

victor ray

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, CA84VET said:

The VA received my RAMP on March 13, now at 142 days is this common?

It says that it depends and I do not really know if you added more evidence then it could take 150-60 days. If you did not add new or more evidence then you are worrying me a little. It still is suppose to cut years to months.