VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA's New Super Fast Claim Process

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I filed a claim yesterday for a foot condition.

I sent in two pages of service treatment records showing I had surgery for the condition while in service.

Sent in a statement informing the VA about the continuance of the same condition.

Logged on Ebenefits and my new claim was gone.

I called Peggy to check on that.

I was told the new claim was closed.

"Closed, I asked?"

He said that was the fastest decision he had ever seen made on a claim.

Problem is...DENIED, DENIED, DENIED.

Waiting on the "legal colonoscopy letter" to arrive soon.

So how's that for the new claims process?

You did not list the reasons the claim has been denied, and, of course, you are not sure of that because ebenefits is notoriously unreliable.  My ebenefits has not even worked for about a month, so I assume its getting some kind of IT workover, that is, an upgrade.  

I suggest you chill out until you get the BBE, there is nothing you can do anyway...you need the finally decided claim to use the reasons and bases for your NOD.  

Source:  Something similar happened to me back in November.  I still have not gotten a BBE, but I recognize that, "it wont do any good, and it wont make my claim go any faster" by me having a meltdown.  Over the years I found out that patience and persistence wins when stuff in conflict with these two principals fails.  

I'm concerned regarding info from any guy named PEGGY.

Did you use a VSR to file your NEW Claim? Even if you didn't, contact your VSO HQ Office at your RO, one of the VSR's can pull up your C-File and should be able to copy and email you the info regarding this Denial.

Did you already have a claim in the hopper before you filed the new one? If so, they close the new one and wrap it in with the existing claim.

10 hours ago, Gastone said:

I'm concerned regarding info from any guy named PEGGY.

Did you use a VSR to file your NEW Claim? Even if you didn't, contact your VSO HQ Office at your RO, one of the VSR's can pull up your C-File and should be able to copy and email you the info regarding this Denial.

I have no representative.

I don't trust any organization as my representative that is allowed free rent in the same building with the VA.

Birds of a feather flock together.

I'll have to wait until the letter arrives for the reason for the denial.

As for combining it with the other claims, I thought that is what happened but they actually closed the claim the very next day.

63, unwise not to use a VSO for info verification and their somewhat limited assistance. The fact that you may be able to have a copy of relevant C-File pages in a day or 2 as opposed to having to wait 8 to 12 months after filing a VA FOIA, could be of great assistance.