VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Treatment notes by VA doctors

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

There is nothing "magic" about a C and P exam.  Any doctor, experienced in treating/diagnosising your condition, can make a professional opinion regarding the  etiology or symptoms of your case.  Its all "medical evidence" as opposed to "lay evidence" from someone who is not a medical professional.  

I agree with you in that there is nothing magic about a C & P exam, quite the opposite it would seem.  My non-VA neurologist's notes were totally ignored by the C & P D.O.  Same with my non-VA ophthalmologist's notes that were also ignored by the optometrist.

In my opinion it seems the only information the MIGHTY raters look at is the information from the VA doctors.

It was a waste of time for me.

The C&P may ignore non VA providers but the RO is supposed to take these into account.  I had a BVA hearing where the BVA used the non VA provider exam to declare me service connected for neuropathy.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the Contracted out C&P Examiners are only sent what the VA sends them. 

As this is what one of my QTC Examiners mention to me few yeas ago, so I brought some of my own medical records to the exam just incase I needed them.....she added them in the computer...out come was I won my claim, but what medical records  she did have I think I would have won..its when they have the records right in front of them on their computer screen and they ignore them.