Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good or bad? Pending dispatch from bva.

Rate this question

hume0351

Question

Last week I found out a veterans law judge started on my file on Tues. April 10. I found out through vets.gov then called the BVA to confirm. Today, April 19 I looked on ebenefits and saw that a decision was was and my case was depending dispatch. Again I called the BVA to confirm and was told the same. My case was only in front of the judge a week. Has any else seen their cases move this fast? My claims were ptsd and degenerative arthritis of the shoulders. My docket # is 14-38 003

Edited by hume0351

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Its good.  I have no idea why yours went so fast.  Now, you can move on.  You should get your decision, and then you can decide whether or not you wish to appeal.  Hint:  Just after a BVA denial is the best time to hire an attorney.  Why?  Because they will file an appeal to the CAVC (if they think you have a case), and EAJA will likely cover your fees.  What can be better than getting the professional services of an attorney, and not have to pay for it???

So:

1.  Worst case senario...Denial..then hire an attorney at CAVC.

2.  Maybe better is a remand.  You wait until they implement remand. 

3.  Good is you win!  

Hume, I just looked vets.gov it says hubbys appeal is with a judge.  I hope they make good decision and a quick on.  Good luck to you!  I needed to see this.  I have been stuck doing taxes for three days.  A simple simple 1040.  First I waited till the last min to do our taxes.  There computers went dow n the first day.  And when I finally got to file it and they rejected it. So need I say it has been a mess mess mess.  They told me our 2016 had been rejected too. How come this is the first we are hearing this.  And hey we had to pay them.  So it rejected my claim but took our money.  Go figure.  I’m taking a rest now from it,  they can just fine me.   And I paid them today too.  So it rejected my claim again.  We need to go to a flat tax.

broncovet, I started using Allsup after my third claim was denied and my county vso didnt want to do anything. They have been really helpful. It may cost some backlash, but my rep has found things in my medical history that I have completely forgotten about or just didn't notice. The company does SSDI and VA benefits.

I am not familiar with Allsup, so I can neither recommend nor decline to recommend.  If you are pleased with their services, then please give more details to help other Vets.  BBB has 4 or 5 reviews on Allsup, with mixed reviews:

https://www.bbb.org/stlouis/business-reviews/disability-insurance/allsup-in-belleville-il-310001536/reviews-and-complaints

Allsup actually have two separate departments. SSDI and Veterans. The veterans side only have a few people working. Brett Buchanan is the lawyer who is charge of the vets side. He is a actual veteran himself so he know  what we are going through. The complaints I have always seen come from the SSDI side.

The hail marry if you walk into your RO and ask them for a print out of your recently decided appeal they will tell you if it’s there or if you have to what ten days for your mail because it was mailed out or if it’s been 30 days your appeal will be on the BVA.VA.gov recent decisions tab Look in 2014 to see the appeal and check 2018 for the decisions