Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal partial decided

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Now I disagree with the denial because they denied a disability I didn’t claim for filed for Basillar skull fracture( neck fracture) of the Clovis .all my record claims clivus fracture all the dx as well yet they denied it as a lumbar sacral fracture not even close to what I filed the other issue is my blood clots now diagnosed with post thrombosic syndrome which will go through the process likely come out with 10 I’m ok with that. But can I file a nod for the partial denial cite the doctors note would retracted calling it a neck fracture and a clivus fracture leaving my 3 inch archanoid cyst in my brain? This VA shit has always gotta be a battle to the end 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Yes.  You can dispute all or any portion of a VA decision.  You can dispute denial of service connection, you can dispute disability percentage, or you can dispute the effective date, of each issue claimed, regardless of what the VA decided with other issues.  

I had an appeal which was partially granted, partially denied, and partially remanded...all 3.  I disputed (filed a nod) over the denied issues, but had no choice but to wait until the remand occurred.  THEN I appealed the remanded, then denied issues.  

That’s what I thought so my guess is they will wait and take their time with my remanded decision awaiting the AMC for 5 months...

I have found that remands can take longer than normal claims.  I do not know if nobody wants to work on something that they have had their hand slapped for or if they just do not like to do them knowing that the board will be looking at their decision critically.