VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No longer needed, second signature in claim gathering of evidence

Rate this question

Air Force Vet

Question

I am new to this forum. I filed a claim for IU on 4/16/2018. I see in ebenefits that my claim is in the gathering of evidence phase. Under needed from you it says date not available, no longer needed, second signature. Could some please tell me what this mean.  I am rated at 90% disability for back, knees and feet. 

Edited by Air Force Vet
Add more content

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it means they have enough evidence to make a decision  usually its a award for IU...Depending how severe your s,c, condition is  but its obvious it keeps you from working

'' Under needed from you it says date not available, no longer needed, second signature''. 

They  will probably start your EED (earlier effective date) the date you filed for the IU  if that was 4-16-16   and they decided the claim by 5-16'18 it probably will be over the 25,000.00 .

I think they will adjust your retro to what they paid you at the 90% rate  but even then its like another 1.200 more per month depending on your dependents...just an example  the figures depend on how much the adjustment will be,  lets just say its 1.200 month more   thats 28.000 or more for two years back pay.

SOUNDS PROMISING..

Edited by Buck52

Thanks Buck52

I first filed a claim for iu on 5/16/2016 and was denied. Would they use this date as my effective date if awarded iu instead of 4/16/2018 when I filed my new claim.   Is it not true that if a second signature is needed a retro payment of 25,000 or more is granted. 

Edited by Air Force Vet
Add more contrnt