VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ramp

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Don’t know enough about this program yet I’m told I may have this option, so I’ve been notified that on my appeal 1 denied and remanded to the AMC this was in Dec of last year. Looking at decision I noticed that they decided my neck disorder was not caused by my skull fracture but I never claimed the neck disorder just the skull fracture which hasn’t even been service connected.So I walked my happy ass to the RO the guy behind the glass called my number and looked up my claim, then calls me to walk me back behind his desk here fill this out?

Statement of support of my claim he told me to write my original claim for basilar skull fracture in 2010 was never service connected even after my NOD from 2012 and not after my appeal was granted in 2016 but used to deny service connection for my neck disability in Dec 2017. How is this possible that I have never been rated or service connected for my skull fracture but apparently used to deny a issue that I never claimed?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

RAMP is the only option available unless you want to wait 3-4 more years in Legacy to get a decision.   125 days sounds a lot better than 3-4 years.  

Edited by Wayne TX

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not so sure of my self on this but I would think being rated for a TBI  All head and neck injuries should be rated accordingly to the TBI?  IF THATS MAKES A LICK OF SENSE?

Yeha but since they already rated my TBi with PTSD which is mental I don’t know how they can say, well now we will throw into the rating residuals of skull fracture with problem solving with PTSD unless they take my seperate migraines rating and lump it with that which is currently 0%. I was told and getting treatment through the choice program that this fracture is a possible cause to my migraines and now they want to give me Botox to help reduce them...

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I am not so sure of my self on this but I would think being rated for a TBI  All head and neck injuries should be rated accordingly to the TBI?  IF THATS MAKES A LICK OF SENSE?

It should have but was never addressed in my prior decisions, not to mention I never claimed a neck disability they did that on there own, they are just dragging their feet on my last two claims I’m sure if granted the retro over 25k doesn’t help...

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like they are going to run you through a lot of testing and probably end up in Remand.

Here is a BVA case , you may want to read it and get some Ideas as to what you ''may be up against''.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp10/files4/1035821.txt