Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

oxygen rating

Rate this question

*Jimka2

Question

Hello again, Hope this will be my last posting about home oxygen requirement. Last hospital PFT test showed a FVC of 44%. VA requirements says 50% or less equals 100% disability.  Outside doctor at the hospital doing the test also wrote  full time oxygen required. The VA also is now supplying me with total home and walk around oxygen . Have  30% rating for abestos in my lungs.Do I have the VSO file  for an increase from the 30% or file a new claime for the 100% only. Thanks 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

if you have this S.C. at 30% then yes file for increase , submit your medical evidence and request you be given 100% FOR THIS CONDITION AND  SMC under CFR 3.350 &  the CFR 4.16 IV and request you be rated to the highest extent of the Law.

Dr states you require Oxygen full time THAT IS A 100% RATING AND ALSO  that is a statutory rating for SMC.

Under the CFR 4.96 IV..so  yes if you use a VSO have Him/her to file for your increase ASAP.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

You're going to get a Pulmonary C & P. Take some time, attach the VMC Treatment Notes to your FDC Increase.

Todays the 28, Start the FDC on your E-Ben Site today, why lose a month of 100% Comp Retro by dragging your feet and not getting the Claim Filed by your VSO after 06/01.