VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bump to 100% P&T in 8 days from C&P review

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

Hey all just want to share what I think of is good news, even though I still have to sit and wait.

On 8//16/2018 I had a C&P review for my PTSD which was 70% with 10% Tinnitus rating. I was initially rated in 2013 and I had made no requests for adjustments. VA just mandated this C&P.

Today, 8/24/2018 ebenefits was up and down all day so I could not really read anything on my statuses until 6 pm PST.

I went in and I am, according to ebenefits, at 100% and in the letters I see my rating is P&T.

I am over the moon. This RO must be the rocket docket or the QTC doc really wrote a solid case for the bump. or both.

Either way I am now in the "watch the mailbox" phase since I won't believe it until i either get paid or the packet arrives.

Thanks for all the input from everyone on other posts and my rambling questions.

100 on ebenefits.jpg

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes file on ever related in service event condition you have now,  OSA it fairly hard to get unless you have in service medical Records showing you had some sort of sleep disturbance while in the military and currently using a prescribe C-PAP Machine  that is usually a 50% rating alone and depending on how severe the OSA/Sleep Apnea is it can be rated as high a 100%.

However the med's you take for PTSD Again the OSA that can be secondary to PTSD  You will need a qualified  Dr to state so. 

File of all your contentions that you have that are service related...rather rot not you are denied on some  it starts your EED Clock.

Don't forget to file these claims using the ITF Claim form (Intent to File) that would give you a Year to gather evidence  after you submit the ITF,  for at least 11/ 12 months of retro should you be approved with in that amount of time. JUST DON'T FORGET TO FILE BEFORE THE 12 MONTHS EXPIRE.

Edited by Buck52

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

File of all your contentions that you have that are service related..

@Buck52

Right now i am waiting for my C-File. While I am sure the American Legion rep will be happy to let me use their log in into VMBS for hours at a time (that's snark ) having a copy of the C-file on disk will allow me to assemble all the historical data in my SMR. I am of the opinion, based my experience and what others have written, that relying on the VA to do that properly is not in my best interests.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Make sure this  examiner is qualified to do the C&P ED EXAM.

@Buck52

Based on the little I know about him I am not sure he has any direct medical experience with ED or " Loss of Reproductive ability"  as the VES rep on the phone said my C&P was about.

The PDF that came with the email from VES says :

About your examiner:
Name: AJAY MOHABEER; Speciality/Field: GenMed ; M.D.;

License Number: 1306038427 /MD60166382 WA ; State: WA;

Board Certifications: Occupational Medicine;

Education:
UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER SCHOOL OF MEDICINE;

C&P Experience: 10+ Years; Years of Medical Experience: 35.

Compensation and pension related training received:

Traumatic Brain Injury,

MST,

Medical Opinion,

Musculoskeletal,

Aggravated Opinion,

Gulf War Examination,

General Trained,

MST Trained,

VES Demo.

I don't know what VES DEMO means

In the other "Training" he has received I am not sure if what is listed means he is qualified.

particularly the General Trained, Aggravated Opinion, and Medical Opinion "training" are way to generic qualifications to be an "expert" or "experienced" MD in urology or PTSD.

His Med License specialty is Gen Med, which does not give him any special training in Urology or PTSD.

If his opinion is favorable to me I will of course keep my damn mouth shut (I am not a fool) but if not I will definitely dig into this deeper.

• HadIt.com Elder

you can always insist on a qualified  medical expert in the field of medicine that your C&P Examiner is going to address.

in other words you would not want a foot Dr to examine you for PTSD ect,,,ect,,

VES DEMO means he is certified to be a C&P Examiner

Ask about his/her credentials 

check this attorney Chis Attig  V.L.B.  link

https://www.veteranslawblog.org/va-c-p-exam-results/

scroll down and just clink outside the advertisements to get rid of them.

Note: These C&P Exams in my opinion is the most important part of the over all claims process  b/c this guy will write up his report  about you and what your claiming and send it to the VA R.O. Where Adjudicators (Raters) or BVA Judges get it and read what this examiner writes in his report and most based their decision on this report. not all ways but 90% of the time they do.

Just always be honest and if he ask you a question and you don't know  just say you don't know , if you try to answer questions you know nothing about  it will certainly put a RED Flag up with the examiner.

& Yes I agree with you about what you mention about the C-FILE.   that's always good to have.

Edited by Buck52

Congratulations on that! I was given a 50% rating effective 2011 for PTSD. I had a RFE ordered by the VA as well in August. Exam was done 8/20/18 and I haven't seen any change on ebenny yet.

Thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, 19K2O said:

Exam was done 8/20/18 and I haven't seen any change on ebenny yet.

@19K2O

Thanks and sorry to hear your process is going slow.   Your case may be more complex than mine. I wish you well and hope they get you rated ASAP