VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chiropractic care

Rate this question

Doc8482M8404

Question

I know the VA is using chiropractic care for treatment! Awesome!!

But does anyone know if we can get massage therapy to complement chiropractic care? 

Also can I get a 12v heating pad for my vehicle to relieve me back pain/injury?

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I am also interested in your question regarding massage therapy.

My VAMC's physical therapy clinic gave me a heating pad for my back. It was A/C only, but I bought a power inverter so I can use in while driving.

15 hours ago, Doc8482M8404 said:

But does anyone know if we can get massage therapy to complement chiropractic care? 

I thought I have read somewhere about vets getting massage therapy. I pay $60 an hour out of pocket for it. With the nightmare I have seen my acupuncturist go through to get bills paid by VA, the massage therapist would have to charge $120 an hour to make up for all the lost time spent billing. 

My VMC Pain Center opened Chiropractic, Full Acupressure Needle services back in 12/2016. You can get a Full (8 to 12 Needles) Needling about every 3 weeks, I all so took advantage of both full Needling and the Ear Combat pin insertions, about (6) Metal or Japanese ear pins.

Besides the Acupuncture that really helps, I took advantage of the 2016 VMC Essential Oil Pain topical oil mix. A private Podiatrist sold me $30 for a 30 day Oil Mix that seems to help. When the VMC started the Essential Oils, it actually worked better for the chronic night Neuropathy pain.

The Essential oil mix, about 5 oils mixed with an Alow Oil Carrier, is supplied within 2 days, you receive a large 60 day supply by the MH RN in the MH Dept. You have to request a referral to the MH RN for essential oil by your VMC PCP.

6 hours ago, kanewnut said:

I thought I have read somewhere about vets getting massage therapy. I pay $60 an hour out of pocket for it. With the nightmare I have seen my acupuncturist go through to get bills paid by VA, the massage therapist would have to charge $120 an hour to make up for all the lost time spent billing. 

Yes, I know it’s a hassle for private providers to get paid. I helped one get paid that told me he could not afford to do Vets any more.