VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audit

Rate this question

gba

Question

Office of management and budget audited my account. A waiver request was denied. The VA claimed that retro payment in error. They began deducting 1000 out of my benefit pay.

Because I was doubtful of the audit results, I reviewed my pay history on e-benefits and discovered evidence that contradicted the audit. The VA claimed that the decision was based on my claim folder and previous award letter.

A review of my pay history and the recent awards letter was not mentioned as a evidence in the decision to attach my monthly benefit. 

Because I had outstanding appeals, the retro payment made sense. I contacted the 800# who verified that the payment was legitimate.

I payed outstanding debts and payed off my car note. My joy was interrupted by the Office of management and budgets' claim that the pay was an error.

I have crunched the numbers and I am certain of the VA'error. I have completed the form 9. Should this form be sent thru the usual system, This would mean a long wait for any decision.

Meanwhile I am in deeper financial waters. My credit score has dropped. My benefit includes aid and attendance. The reduction erased that allowance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

GBA

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I made an error. It is the debt management center of Dept. of Veterans affairs.

I am  life time member of both VFW and DAV.  Thank you for your rapid response

GBA

Not only would I call the White House Vets' Hotline, I would also be talking to someone at my Congressman's and Senator's offices.  Meanwhile, have you tried to negotiate a smaller payment with VA?  Not sure how they are nowadays, but way back when I was drawing my GI Bill (when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth), they overpaid me, then they allowed me to haggle with them until we reached a monthly amount that kept me from going broke.

Best of luck, hope you get this resolved in your favor, and quickly!