VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case closed and back pay not for dependent

Rate this question

air1

Question

My appeal closed and my money deposited today after closing yesterday, but I got nohingt for my dependent only for 70% disability me alone, even though I have my daughter as dependent listed which you can pull up on benefits. Do they do that separate?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

This likely means your daughter is not officially entered as a dependent.  The VA "lost" my dependent forms at least 3 times, frustrating me.   Send the dependent form, along with a copy of her birth certificate, filled out with all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  Your cry of "I already sent this in" wont be heard.  Your choices are to send it again, or never get paid for your daughter.  If you dont do so within a year of the decision, you will lose out on dependent backpay.  

The VA assumes all Vets abandon their children and divorce their wives after applying for benefits.  They also assume we are liars, drug addicts, and or alcoholics seeking benefits we dont deserve.  And, that VA employees are all upstanding, honest employees who work hard for worthless Veterans.  They often "strip" us of dependents in the years and years it takes them to process our application assuming the above.  So you have to apply again.  VERY irritating.  

11 hours ago, broncovet said:

This likely means your daughter is not officially entered as a dependent.  The VA "lost" my dependent forms at least 3 times, frustrating me.   Send the dependent form, along with a copy of her birth certificate, filled out with all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  Your cry of "I already sent this in" wont be heard.  Your choices are to send it again, or never get paid for your daughter.  If you dont do so within a year of the decision, you will lose out on dependent backpay.  

The VA assumes all Vets abandon their children and divorce their wives after applying for benefits.  They also assume we are liars, drug addicts, and or alcoholics seeking benefits we dont deserve.  And, that VA employees are all upstanding, honest employees who work hard for worthless Veterans.  They often "strip" us of dependents in the years and years it takes them to process our application assuming the above.  So you have to apply again.  VERY irritating.  

Ha ha.

Like the C&P examiner that screwed me over on a bogus "congenital" flat feet rationale at the Pensacola VA Clinic. Winston-Salem RO denied my claim for bilateral flat feet. Even though it clearly shows in my entrance exam I had normal arches in 1998 and was diagnosed in-service 8 years later with flat feet. 

Doc25, not to hijack this thread but I would appeal the decision about your feet.  Many times the VA tries to relate the condition to pre-service and denies the claim.  If you appeal with evidence you will most likely win at the BVA.  There is a presumption of full health when accepted unless you needed a waiver, that is where in service aggravation comes in though.  I have had the VA try to pull the congenital game on me.