Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No one let the Va fool you

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Speaking with the VA yesterday I ask the woman if she thought I should attach the C and P titled Aid and Attendance C and P with my new claim for aid and attendance I already attached my 21-2680 filled out by my doctor. She responded why would the VA send you to a C and P for aid and attendance how would an examiner know your needs. And that’s when it hit me they wouldn’t and the examiner lied to my face at the exam then who also said a 21-2680 wasn’t needed,  wrong again I was when I got my denial two months ago. This isn’t a question but rather a statement to future SMC filers listen to us vets on here on Hadit first. Never assume a examiner is looking out for you... just me venting as I wait prolly another few months to get a third answer to my SMC claim, ask your doctor who does your care 

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

VSO's are not properly trained.  Many do not know all of the regulations having to deal with the VA.  When my VSO dropped the ball and forgot to file a form 9 on my case he said my case was done in that it was over a year and I no longer could appeal.  I went to other organizations and they all told me the same.  I started researching veterans law and found that ten years ago any objection could be considered a form 9.  As I had filed a disagreement in writing in letter form I was able to prevail but I had to do this all on my own.  Several years later, once I had received IU my lawyer was ready to drop my case.  I pushed ahead and got 100%.  

You must always look out for yourself, with the exception of Asknod you are on your own most of the time. 

The examiner's job is to look out for the VA, not you. It's a highly adversarial process in which you, the claimant(s) are the adversary. Hadit and its contributors have done an excellent job in trying to help the veterans with their claims. Yes, most of us have had VSOs, attorneys, or other organizations to help us, but in the end, knowledge is power and if you have patience and are willing to learn and fight, you can-and most likely will-win your case.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

BOHICA

• HadIt.com Elder

The examiners  job is to examine the Veteran to check his medical records to see that they conform or confirm this Veterans disability&  the severity of it to meet the CFR rating schedule and give his/her opinion on the Veterans condition and symptoms.

The C&P Exam (short for "Compensation and Pension") is an exam performed by a VA salaried or contracted physician to document the current severity of a condition that is being considered for VA Disability and DoD Disability.The C&P Exam is the first step of the VA Disability Process!!

I will never use a VSO Again,  if I have a claim in I am having problems with I will hire a Certified Accredited VA Claims Agent with experience.  someone like Asknod here on Hadit.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!