VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service connection issue

jfrei

Question

So the caregiver coordinator team is trying to say they looked into my application but they have to deny for reasons surrounding my sTBI and issues they have with it. I’ve already had my 2006 sTBI case won with a BVA Judge so how can this caregiver team tell me that this TBI is not eigible/in the line of duty. Even after my service department said I was in the LOD and the BVA Judge.How many times does this issue have to be judged? And if my Aid and Attendance claim goes through and I’m granted at the least L wouldn’t that support my caregiver application?

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You will need to wait for the envelope..your caregiver coordinator is probably not also a rating decision maker and may not know.  Not all decision makers will make the same decision on a particular claim.  So your decision maker may/may not agree with your coordinator.  

• HadIt.com Elder

TBI Claims are very complex and diverse  so- to -speak...there are many many contention/conditions a TBI /Concussion to the head  Can be related to  ect,,,ect,,,,

So  ITS HARD FOR THEM TO FIGURE OUT JUST WHAT THE CORRECT RATING CRITERIA WILL END UP??

Under the Mental health criteria...a Veteran that has a TBI and has all his limbs  arms legs ears everything in tack  vs a Veteran that has aTBI without all those things an IED can cause or unexpected blast or trauma to the head.....I think this is a rating problem? who knows forsure??...

of course the veteran that has loss of use  it would be fairly clear....so I think the Veterans with TBI that has all their limbs in tack  they go fuller into their TBI Claims....(not sure this would be reasons to deny?)

Looks like to me a TBI is a TBI and should be rated under the Veteran symptoms (All Symptoms) for the TBI

Sounds like they are hesitant to rate? 

THIS IS JUST ONE OF MY REASONS I DO NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND JUST HOW THEY RATE VETERANS WITH TBI's

• HadIt.com Elder

In the old days   Veterans were called shell shocked  (PTSD) And was rated by symptoms!!  even under the same thing as today from sudden blast from trauma to the head.

The Gulf Wars Are some how different  from the War War II and Vietnam Era Veterans.

This isn’t a rating im 100 Pand T this is just for the caregiver program. I was told that bc my re-enlist code was RE-1 when disacharged and was redeployment after my TBI I don’t meet the criteria of one step away from a nursing home without my wife...she went on to say your aid and attendance claim is not going to go through either I’m livid I know the rules and regs I understand that as far as SMC L I qualify for just have to wait forever and a day for the approval whether it has to be done with an appeal im sure like everything else but one can hope a FDC might Actually be accurate for once. 

Edited by jfrei