VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does an in-service diagnosis qualify as an event for direct SC?

Rate this question

doc25

Question

Most C&P examiners are akin to government prosecutors. 

They usually look for a way to deny claims, just as government criminal prosecutors seek convictions any way they can get them.

I was told by one C&P examiner,currently employed by a contractor, that she was trying to get hired by the VA.

Would you venture a guess as to what the outcome of that C&P exam was?

And another thing ...she was telling me during my exam that it should be no problem establishing service connection for my claim.

All the while she was creating an opinion to deny service connection.

If I were her professor in a course of Creative Writing, she would have aced the class.

She might have had a much better career in Hollywood as an actress.

Unfortunately, like prosecutors, MOST C&P examiners do NOT use any favorable evidence in the claims file to help veterans win claims.

The VA has deep pockets with hordes of doctors eager to write unfavorable medical opinions to prevent service connection, and to lowball ratings.

For me, I've got to pay to play, if I want to win, otherwise the VA will steamroll me on the nexus, and also on the level of impairment.

As for having an in- service diagnosis, here is an example of  C&P examiner's favorite rationales : "There is no nexus established as the condition was only acute, and there is no established chronicity of symptoms in service, or within one year after active service"

Edited by 63Charlie

27 minutes ago, vetquest said:

I agree that there is no accountability.  If raters were graded on remands and reversals there are quite a few who would be out of a job.  I have never seen an award at the RO level all of my conditions have been awarded at the BVA level.

How many years did it take you?

25 minutes ago, 63Charlie said:

How many years did it take you?

The first time I went to the BVA and won four years after my EAS.  The second round after I lost my job took 10 years with three trips to the BVA.

Edited by vetquest